Brand new civvy storeman G1098

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by thelovewalrus, Feb 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for help guys just joined MOD as a civvy storeman.Will be attending a basic storemans course at Deepcutt.What can i expect to be learning over the two weeks?.Any help on filling out 1043/45 and what procedures need to be followed would be great.
    Thanks in Advance thelovewalrus

2. Repeat after me "stores is for storing"

Continue for the rest of your career

• Like Like x 4
  3. A ******* retard can (and do) become a storeman. You really have nothing to worry about.

4. Spelling, grammar and punctuation.

5. Storeman is what you do in the Army when you've failed a real trade course. I should imagine you could train a chimp to do the job in five days.

Therefore you either have nothing to worry about or you probably forget to breath on a regular basis.

6. What is the world coming to?
    They'll be civvies running the cookhouses next.

7. Storeman is a noble calling, any job with an officially sanctioned hiding place has to be a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That'll be bedding storeman then.

NS, juggling piss stained matresses Jan- Apr '91

9. Just remember to work to rule and concentrate on the paperwork.

10. Not much future in form filling when MJDI rolls out fella, so i would start asking for one of them computer courses. Just like PAYD, times are a changing.

When the wind of change blows, some people build walls whilst others build windmills.

11. Replaces UNICOM and Global, ain't no space left for manual accounting or storing. Once your Unit accounts are on the system it's up for grabs by the masses.

12. As said, stores is for storing, if they wanted you to issue things they'd have called it issues.
    Working to rule means using a ruler as a guide when writing.
    I'm assuming it's all on computer nowadays so you'll have a perfect excuse for not issuing things.
    On the other hand, dole out as much as you possibly can. The only thing a good storeman should have on his shelves are batches of 1033s. Makes it so much easier at stock checks.
    Never, ever, be helpful to anyone. The bastards only insist on coming back if you are.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hopefully they will teach you reaction to effective enemy fire - especially SAA fire from the direction of the prowler guard routes.

14. No signature - no kit, no return, bill em all let God sort em out.

Make some good contacts on your course, they will come in handy.

Prepare to be baffled with numbers of forms 1157, 1043, 1045, 1680a P1954 1033...........ZZzzzzzzzz