BRANCH TRANSFER QUESTION!

Lakevu

Swinger
Does anyone know wether it is possible to start an application with another branch when you're already currently serving with another? Example being if you were a Royal Marine Commando and wanted to apply for Direct Entry Officer in the Army. Thanks for the help guys anything you can offer would be appreciated!!

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Why not apply to be a RM Officer?
Would be more straight forward, have you spoken to your CoC and asked them, As they will ask you eventually?

Lakevu

Swinger
Why not apply to be a RM Officer?
Would be more straight forward, have you spoken to your CoC and asked them, As they will ask you eventually?
Thanks for the reply Sheikh! I would love to do that ,but unfortunately not only do I not have a British passport ,but I also don't have any GCSEs or A levels of any kind because I did all my schooling in America.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the reply Sheikh! I would love to do that ,but unfortunately not only do I not have a British passport ,but I also don't have any GCSEs or A levels of any kind because I did all my schooling in America.
Hard to see how you could apply to be considered for entry into the Army commissioning steeplechase if that's the case.

soleil

Old-Salt
Are you from a Commonwealth country?

Lakevu

Swinger
Are you from a Commonwealth country?
Hey Soleil! Naturally I'm not. I've moved to Australia 6 months ago to earn my citizenship so I can hopefully apply through the new commonwealth route.

Hard to see how you could apply to be considered for entry into the Army commissioning steeplechase if that's the case.
Hello Glad_its_all_over! Yeah sadly it can't happen right now. I'm hoping I can earn my citizenship by enlisting as a regular soldier through the new commonwealth pathway and then applying for an officer role after.

Thanks for stopping by the thread to help me out with my question guys! I really do appreciate it!!

soleil

Old-Salt
Lakevu

I would seek advice about your situation, to be honest.

You have mentioned joining the Royal Marines via the Commonwealth route but don't seem to have been born in a Commonwealth country.

If you are considering an application to the Royal Marines, I would get in touch with the London AFCO to check whether you are actually eligible, as I'm not sure that you are.

The Royal Navy's definition which applies to Commonwealth applicants is "Someone who was born in the independent Commonwealth country of which they are now a citizen and has been a citizen of the country at all times since birth."

The telephone number for the London AFCO is 0207 414 3834 and the e-mail address is:

navycnr-rfflondonmailbox@mod.uk

Check that you are eligible now, before you make further plans.

Lakevu

Swinger
Lakevu

I would seek advice about your situation, to be honest.

You have mentioned joining the Royal Marines via the Commonwealth route but don't seem to have been born in a Commonwealth country.

If you are considering an application to the Royal Marines, I would get in touch with the London AFCO to check whether you are actually eligible, as I'm not sure that you are.

The Royal Navy's definition which applies to Commonwealth applicants is "Someone who was born in the independent Commonwealth country of which they are now a citizen and has been a citizen of the country at all times since birth."

The telephone number for the London AFCO is 0207 414 3834 and the e-mail address is:

navycnr-rfflondonmailbox@mod.uk

Check that you are eligible now, before you make further plans.
Hi Soleil! Absolutely I'll give them a call!! Would you mind posting where you saw that definition of a commonwealth recruit??

Lakevu

Swinger
Thank you so much Soleil! I understand that emotion can't really be felt over text but I want to tell you I am extremely grateful you have passed on this information to me!! I have just called the recruitment office and they said I should be all good to go with a Nationality waiver! Once again thank you soooo much It would have been heart breaking to spend 4-6yrs in Australia earning citizenship just to be shot down because of little piece of info slipped through the cracks.

Latest Threads