Brake Pads

I understand what you are saying abought changing from the original pads, but if the replacement pads are better I'd of thought it would be ok.
A bit like when your owners manual tells you the type and model of tyres to be fitted how many people follow these guidelines and just fit a different manufacturers equivalent. I will have to dig it out but I'm sure the there is no mention as to what brake pads are fitted.
I will ask my insurance in case they decide it's an upgrade.
Assume nothing. In the majority of cases it will never be an issue, but, and its a big but, if you find yourself at fault in an expensive claim they will try to wheedle their way out of any liability on the tiniest technicality.

Bollox

War Hero
I will c
Assume nothing. In the majority of cases it will never be an issue, but, and its a big but, if you find yourself at fault in an expensive claim they will try to wheedle their way out of any liability on the tiniest technicality.
I will notify my insurance before I change anything.
I know what you talking about insurance looking for things that would give them an excuse to invalidate my cover.
When I had an accident in my other car the insurance inspector took out and checked the ecu in case it had been modified

neil82

Clanker
servicing cop cars in north wales we were removing whatever was standard and fitting EBC discs and pads at the first service (think they were the green pads), they were more than happy with that system

Blogg

LE
The "delay" is often a funtion of water on the rotors reducing friction coefficient until it gets scraped/evaporated off.

Different brake pad material might not impact that much. Mercedes had a cunning plan for that (well Bosch actually) withe SBS brake system. When auto wipers sensed it was raining (assuming you had the sometimes annoying feature turned on) when it was raining system slightly pulsed pads against discs during normal driving.

Driver cannot sense this and it keeps pads/discs dry.

Cunning. Pity the fully electronic brake pump had a few problems and a limted life which resulted in a recall of 1.3 million W211 Eclass vehicles

Bollox

War Hero
The "delay" is often a funtion of water on the rotors reducing friction coefficient until it gets scraped/evaporated off.

Different brake pad material might not impact that much. Mercedes had a cunning plan for that (well Bosch actually) withe SBS brake system. When auto wipers sensed it was raining (assuming you had the sometimes annoying feature turned on) when it was raining system slightly pulsed pads against discs during normal driving.

Driver cannot sense this and it keeps pads/discs dry.

Cunning. Pity the fully electronic brake pump had a few problems and a limted life which resulted in a recall of 1.3 million W211 Eclass vehicles
My mates BMW 4 series has the same set up

Latest Threads