Brain Wobble

Fly to Toronto and get a gallon of cannabis oil, head home,use as much as req’d, it’ll fix everything apparently.....

About 4 years ago I was driving to the airport when I had an episode of the wobbles. Greyed out vision, sweat pouring out of me, numbness/weakness in the arms and nauseous as hell. I pull over thinking “ Right Spuds,old sock, better bang in the 911 call and summon the cavalry.” I hadn’t been feeling great for a couple of days but this was way past that. Swampy hot and humid as well.

I no sooner put in the call and I’m out like a light. I wake up when they pull me out of the car, stuff me into an ambo and off to the hospital. Their intitial thought was kidney stones of all things but that was ruled out and my heart was fine too.

Turned out to be a raging UTI with a dash of dehydration. They fired some fluids* and antibiotics into me and I was right as rain.

Bit embarrassing because when you dial 911 here they all show up.

* fnaarrr

Pisstaking allowed (obvs), but I'm asking on here because I'm not entirely convinced by the doc I saw today. (@HappyNomad stand down).

Yesterday, whilst strolling in the park with a friend and my dog, everything was fine and dandy, then all of a sudden I felt something was terribly wrong, a bit like the feeling you get when you're woken suddenly and don't know where you are. Without wishing to be a drama queen, I was fcuking terrified. I felt my vision starting to go, and knew I had to get on the floor before I collapsed.

My kind friend sat on the floor with me for 10 minutes or so, and I got up shakily and went home. However, I was sufficiently shaken by this (and nagged by various friends) to go to the doc this morning. He did a few basic checks, and told me it was a simple "vaso vagal attack" i.e. a faint normally associated with fear, shock, sight of blood etc. He told me it was probably due to a sudden drop in blood pressure, and to drink more water. (Cheers, I already drink loads thanks).

I'm not entirely convinced - this didn't feel like a simple faint, and there was no reason to explain it as such.

Any ideas, armchair doctors??

Thanks in advance.
Exactly the same happened to me a few months back. I felt dizzy and like I was about to pass out (or die), couldn't focus and hardly speak. I had to prop myself against the shop counter and am sure that I lost a few seconds. I was in 7-11 and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in getting me out of the door so that it wasn't their responsibility if I keeled over.

I have to say that I was quite shaken by the experience as I wasn't sure if it was the prelude to a heart attack or worse. Obviously, being a bloke, I didn't see a doctor but it hasn't happened since and I have no idea what it was. In hindsight I wish that I had gone to see the quack just to find out the cause. Scary at the time though.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
FWIW I called 111 today as I still felt shaky and odd, and they advised me to go back to GP which I duly did. Different Doc, who was far more thorough and has asked for full bloods to rule out diabetes amongst other things. She seemed to think stress may have played a part. She also advised me to grip myself and get an eye test and proper prescription glasses!

FWIW I called 111 today as I still felt shaky and odd, and they advised me to go back to GP which I duly did. Different Doc, who was far more thorough and has asked for full bloods to rule out diabetes amongst other things. She seemed to think stress may have played a part. She also advised me to grip myself and get an eye test and proper prescription glasses!
Virtually anything can cause a vasovagal syncope. As you mentioned, the sight of blood, through to stage fright (ref the shite doctor on the celebrity thing) and a whole host of other causes.

Did you have any associated pain? I fractured a bunch of vertebrae and had a syncope.

I’m guessing you are not exactly a spring chicken (no offence intended) so an osteoporosis related event might be possible.

Or maybe you are really old and saw male piano legs and swooned.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Got a text from the old man (who is working away this week). It read thusly:

0645 slipped getting out of shower, grabbed shelf, pulled it off the wall and bashed head on basin

0730 went down to breakfast and set fire to the toaster

0740 sat on works mobile and busted it.

Needless to say, I feel better already :rofl:

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Got a text from the old man (who is working away this week). It read thusly:

0645 slipped getting out of shower, grabbed shelf, pulled it off the wall and bashed head on basin

0730 went down to breakfast and set fire to the toaster

0740 sat on works mobile and busted it.

Needless to say, I feel better already :rofl:
You did just meet me - I have been known to have this affect on women:mrgreen:

Hope all is ok as with OH....?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Brief update for anyone interested (and those who aren't) . Had bloods done yesterday, got a call to say the results were back and a telephone consultation booked for next Monday evening. What if anything will show up? Place your bets now.

Still feeling dizzy.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Brief update for anyone interested (and those who aren't) . Had bloods done yesterday, got a call to say the results were back and a telephone consultation booked for next Monday evening. What if anything will show up? Place your bets now.

Still feeling dizzy.
Brain tumour or more likely something less sinister such as stress, dehydration, low BP etc etc etc.

Keep taking plenty of fluids onboard and make sure somebody is occasionally checking up on you

Still feeling dizzy.
you'll be dead by Monday, try not to worry to much.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Still feeling dizzy.
pregnant
got the Ghey
wearing the old mans glasses

do I get a prize ???