Brain Wobble

Pisstaking allowed (obvs), but I'm asking on here because I'm not entirely convinced by the doc I saw today. (@HappyNomad stand down).

Yesterday, whilst strolling in the park with a friend and my dog, everything was fine and dandy, then all of a sudden I felt something was terribly wrong, a bit like the feeling you get when you're woken suddenly and don't know where you are. Without wishing to be a drama queen, I was fcuking terrified. I felt my vision starting to go, and knew I had to get on the floor before I collapsed.

My kind friend sat on the floor with me for 10 minutes or so, and I got up shakily and went home. However, I was sufficiently shaken by this (and nagged by various friends) to go to the doc this morning. He did a few basic checks, and told me it was a simple "vaso vagal attack" i.e. a faint normally associated with fear, shock, sight of blood etc. He told me it was probably due to a sudden drop in blood pressure, and to drink more water. (Cheers, I already drink loads thanks).

I'm not entirely convinced - this didn't feel like a simple faint, and there was no reason to explain it as such.

Any ideas, armchair doctors??

Thanks in advance.

It’s quite possible you had a moment of clarity, but your female brain couldn’t handle it and had to reset.

Or an orgasm.

Take a look at 'Panic attack' and see if that might fit the bill.

have you got low blood pressure ?
or perhaps not sleeping enough
the heat ?
or stress
or pregnant
Do you have high/low blood pressure or suffer from diabetes ?.

I take blood pressure medication, have not monitored for months as it was stable, but did take a look yesterday afternoon and whilst the bottom figure was still in the 80s, the top figure had dropped to about 114 (normally about 130).

In answer to the diabetes thing, yes it had crossed my mind, but I've had several blood tests over the last 18 months and they've never showed a sugar problem. Yet.

About two years ago I had an episode while blue lighting to a job. (Passenger fortunately)Vision went. Balance went. Nausea.
Ambulance took me in with a query of stroke.
This was subsequently downgraded to possible TIA.
Months later.....MRI......tests.....all sorts.....stroke consultant basically told me they had no idea what had happened but it wasn't stroke or TIA.
Basically......shit happens.
My team have put it down to Olympic level travel sickness.....and remind me often!
Get checked.....but don't worry untl there's something to worry about.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I take blood pressure medication, have not monitored for months as it was stable, but did take a look yesterday afternoon and whilst the bottom figure was still in the 80s, the top figure had dropped to about 114 (normally about 130).

In answer to the diabetes thing, yes it had crossed my mind, but I've had several blood tests over the last 18 months and they've never showed a sugar problem. Yet.
You know it could be the heat, the last few days have been very hot

You know it could be the heat, the last few days have been very hot
Yep, that's what the slightly dismissive doctor said.

Weird thing is, we've just come back from a week on Exmoor where we were doing far more walking than usual, and I never felt any problem at all.

stroke, heart attack, (arrhythmia, stenosis, high BP, etc) a fit of 'the vapours' hypoxia, heat illness, bad aids, dehydration, diabetes, alcohol, medication/poisoning, the list is pretty extensive

Did you get growing and over-lapping circles of red and black in your eyes as you felt wobbly?

stroke, heart attack, (arrhythmia, stenosis, high BP, etc) a fit of 'the vapours' hypoxia, heat illness, bad aids, dehydration, diabetes, alcohol, medication/poisoning, the list is pretty extensive
Cheers for that :roll:

As I said, if it was a simple faint (which I've felt before but very rarely!) I wouldn't be so bothered, what frightened me was the sense of complete brain disintegration, like some sort of flashback to a nightmare and a sense of unreality. Sorry, I don't know how else to explain it but it scared the shit out of me. Not literally, you'll be pleased to hear.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Any ideas, armchair doctors??
The demon Shurganeesh stole your soul, ripping it screaming from your still conscious body, leaving a husk of your former self nothing but the terrifying torment of everlasting un-death.

It's that or head cancer.