Brain Power

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by big_yellow_digger, Jan 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the deal with not being able to remote central lock my car with the fob from more than 15 meters away but being able to do it from over 50 meters away if I stick it up to my fat one!

2. Sigh

Your head is empty, the frequency of your car alarm fob uses your empty noggin as a resonant cavity to amplify the signal in much the same way as the klystron in early radars thus making the signal go further

Or something

3. Its a gay test, well done youve passed!

Please pick up your civil parternship forms from the RAO on your way out.

4. Your head is full of magic dust put there by fairies....and it tells the other fairies who live in your car to do the magic thing with the buttons.

Dont listen to polar..... he's full of factual b0llocks :D

Try turning your telly over by shoving the remote up your arrse, and by tweaking your prostate, point your winky at the telly.

Let us know how you get on.

5. Cavity Resonator. That's it. Are you water cooled? Klystrons also on Tropo kit! Anyone come across the Yank Sig Coy the Tropoblasters? Used to go to ARRC. Remember them blasting and after about 3 days, the trees in the take off had literally browned off. Megawatt.

6. I used to work on tropo in the hebs

7. Baaaaaaa!!

8. Flossie ???

9. Yes it being it fat/large/huge/whooping is the factor here, its acting as parabolic dish. Turning your key fob into a directional transmitter.

A couple of things to try:

1. Find the optimum position for the key, it may be more powerful if pushed in more.

2. Heights and gains, try kneeling down or getting more height. Clear the 1st Frensel zone but don't clear the 2nd.

Does your radiating arrse antenna work with other equipment such as Airwave? I'd suggest you ask one your regt YofS's for more info.

10. I used to work at Roetgen Detachment Tropo Station - Fried many a Klystron

Yep - you must have an oscillating cavity

11. Become an officer, your cavity resonance increases a minimum of 100%

12. Polar - I think he's on about putting it up against his napper rather than arrse, perhaps it would work just as well? Try putting your head against a 2M whip when transmitting on CNR, see if you can boost the signal :twisted: mmm toasty.

13. TA_Sig,

If BYD is who I think he is, then head/arrse .... no difference. Same crap comes out of both :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. I'm thinking it's got something to do with the amount of static flowing round my brain from thinking on my feet so much.

You guys should give it a go, maybe your static levels would equal and you might be able to force your head out from up your arse instead of it being permanently attracted to it!