Bradley Wiggins and Team Sky ‘Unethical’ Say MP *******.

Which olympians wife said you have to be talented enough to win a gold and stupid enough to realise it means fuck all
James Cracknell's.... she also stopped him doing Strictly as she didn't want to see him on the telly “with some Russian fanny in his face every week”.

I must admit I had the same cynicism about the sheer number of these top athletes who had seemingly triumphed against adversity to win despite their serious asthma. Then I heard another athlete explain that years of high level training could actually trigger the condition. Doh.
Yes, which is an interesting thing. I'm 60 and trying to keep fit, properly fit not just a brisk walk every few days, and this year I seem to be getting one virus after another, I'm coming to the conclusion I'm overdoing it. The response has to be do less, not take drugs; but I can see why in professional sport that attitude isn't going to win many medals

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not a fan of giving them to sportsmen and celebrities just for being successful in their field either. The prizes/awards/money they get should be adequate rewards in themselves.
@Caecilius especially when it is then reported that the new knight of the realm did his best to dodge taxes too...

@Caecilius especially when it is then reported that the new knight of the realm did his best to dodge taxes too...
Indeed.
It seems the rush to start handing out gongs based on 'populist' flagwaving means not all the checks and balances are done to ensure the recipient is a fit and proper person.
Recall the situation last year where Saint Beckham was in the same position, and didn't get the nod?

Yes, which is an interesting thing. I'm 60 and trying to keep fit, properly fit not just a brisk walk every few days, and this year I seem to be getting one virus after another, I'm coming to the conclusion I'm overdoing it. The response has to be do less, not take drugs; but I can see why in professional sport that attitude isn't going to win many medals
I used to smoke but also do lots of running and was fit as a fiddle. I stopped running as much but continued smoking (as you do), and remained fit as a flea. I then stopped smoking and ramped up the running again. Result, constant sniffs and colds. Lots of Marathon runners seem to have an ongoing cold.
My conclusion is that the best thing to do is run, but make sure you also smoke. Oh, and remain in your 20s :)

Only ate fish and chips and had to run to the venue? Sounds as if the pace setter was Alf Tupper.
An oppo tells a story of the Gib Rock Race in which the ship’s Bootneck Detachment were expected to come 1st to 30th.

Stoker Smokey Mc Slack Arse, 40 fags a day, ate nothing but crisps from the NAAFI, drank a case of Red Death a day, never joined in phys, Belsen body was threatened by the Chief Stoker with stoppage of leave if he didn’t take part with the ME Department team.

Smokey buckles, turns up at the start line with 1960s Pusser’s pumps, Empire Builder shorts and a T shirt out of the scran bag, packet of 20 and Zippo.

The Booties Detachment Sergeant Major was doing star jumps when the RM Detachment came in 2nd to 31st.

Legend has it that the winner, who had a tab on the go from start to finish, went straight on the piss in his hastily contrived running kit. He had a stash of notes in his fag packet.

Sky have been so dominant over the last few years .. is mostly down to tactical riding, they pretty much nailed the tactical riding and ensuring the best in their team got the points.
That's always been the way though right back to the start. The Giro even tried to acknowledge it in 1912 by making it a team competition, but the fans killed that idea in one year. FYI anyone who hasn't read about the early tours, 17 - 20 hour stages starting at midnight e.g. should, it's an eye opener.

That's always been the way though right back to the start. The Giro even tried to acknowledge it in 1912 by making it a team competition, but the fans killed that idea in one year. FYI anyone who hasn't read about the early tours, 17 - 20 hour stages starting at midnight e.g. should, it's an eye opener.
Single speed bikes, gears were ungentlemenly.