Bra-vo two zero? ffs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Hairy_Hacker, Oct 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else posted this already?,,2-2006470146,00.html

Catchy headline, crap story. Or am I indeed being a sexist misogynist who cannot accept that the fairer gender can handle a course that most blokes (myself included) could not hack?

I apologise for refering to the Scum, ordinarily I wouldn't believe the date they print but a workmate sent me it for some 'insider' thoughts.
  2. If its in the sun it must be true
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

That and the headline "How do you solve a problem like Korea?"

Quality journalism at its finest!
  4. sounds like a load of bollocks to me, scum scrouging for a story that they know the mod will neither acknoledge or deny.
  5. Neutron-Dung making it all up as he goes along again. This is a rehash of the story about the two girlies who tried for the Green lid, and they were taken off because one damaged herself, the other was certainly up and able but was unemployable at the time in that role.

He's crap, that Neutron-Dung. Feeling left out because he had no hand in the current tax/bonus story. Tosser.
  6. So they came 'close' to completing the first 5 weeks of a 22 (?) week course. Well done all the same mind.
  7. If its true then they should of let them carry on going until after the trees, and received a stand up fail or pass them if they were good enough. IF its true.

8. B0ll0x, do not believe one word of it!! I would love to see the Sun go feckin bankrupt, not that its going to happen but no harm in wishing.
  9. Now then. What's the betting that, if failed, one (or both) would have brought a legal action against one or all of the 'interrogators' for 'improperly handling their personal parts'!!

And, perhaps more humerously, would the muslim one have refused to take off her veil?

Oh, how the Sun is genuinely CR@P.... :)
  10. I'm in no position to comment on the story in question, but there is a school of thought that suggests women might be better suited than men to extreme endurance sports (like long distance running).

Closing paragraph:
  11. Okay troops, time to stop to wondering, the story is utterly, utterly - PISH!
  12. When I left in '87 and went to college, the guy in charge of the Rec and Leisure course was an ex PT Corps Captain. He placed on the wall a report the Adjutants Corps carried out about the physiology of women and whether they were capable of fighting a foot war if allowed into combat. The conclusion was that they were physically able to if given specific exercises to build up muscle groups which are different to those in males (they were otherwise in danger of damaging those muscles). It was to do with carrying of extremely heavy weights over many miles.

The other thought I had was that of someone I know who passed selection but failed in the infantry skills whilst doing "trade" training. Since these women wouldn't have had even his training - would they have been able to proceed beyond selection
  13. I suspect it was little more than another badly concealed advert for the truly dreadful Ultimate Farce (with our hero, Mr Rebekah Wade - she of the ASBO). Look how much was devoted to interviews with that actress...
  14. Did they get her knockers out like in Ultimate Force, that bird there had a fine set of racking. I doubt this is true.
  15. Can't find a link, but there's a girl (Greek extraction, I think) who's a fell runner/ultramarathon type. She took part in the first 'dragon's back' (race across Wales), and left a couple of Para teams for dead... However, it's the weight/upper body stuff that's more significant for these fun and games, I'd suggest. At the end of the day, a better analogy than the training used to select SF (eg running/hills etc) might be rugby: however fit, is a female team ever going to challenge a male team? Put a male pack against a female pack - however good - and let's see which one goes backwards.