BPFA

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ARMY_MAD, Feb 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys

Can any one tell me what the BPFA is?

cheers

2. Basic Personal Fitness Assessment - note the word assessment, its not a test unlike the BFT (Basic fitness test) which it replaced.

3. Hi

Do you know whats involved?

4. if u search this site u will find the answer...... but ure lucky im bored so i will tell u..

as many SITUP'S as u can do in 2 mins
    as many PRESSUP'S as u can do in 2 mins
    and RUN 1.5miles (2.4km) as fast as u can.

thats it basically.

5. ahh so it's a Basic assesment then? :)

6. So it's a Basic Assessment for Personal Fitness is it? I know why don't we call it the Basic Personal Fitness Assessment and we can call it the BPFA?

7. So why do guys go on remedial PT for 3 weeks at my unit if you don't achieve a green???? Surely thats a test!

8. to remind them that they are an embarassment?

9. I heard today, that as from April it will be a test again, with pass or fail. If it will be a different format I don't know, but maybe more lardies will be on remedial as a result.

Can any PT Corps types outhere confirm this ?

10. I agree that Tubbylardcake and co are an embarresment, but if you cant quite achieve you press up score because of an injury (ie shoulder thats had lots of ops) however come in nerly 2.5 mins under your allowance on the run and blitz your sit ups I don't think your an embarresment, surely there should be some flex???????

11. Not PT Corps, hence my ability to type this with my fingers and not my kuckles!

Yes it is to be a test again though!

Standby......Go!

12. Once Yearly

18-30 30-35

2.5km run 10:30 mins 11:00 mins

press-ups 44 40
    in 2 mins

sit-ups 44 40
    in 2 mins

Also 8-mile tab carrying relevant weight dependant on Regiment/Corps etc in less than 2 hours, this occurs twice yearly.

13. What about the +35 coffin dodgers??

14. Soon to be a test again when it becomes the PFT (Personal fitness test) as part of the new MATTS (Military annual training tests) replacing ITDs on 1 Apr this year. Its still the same requirements though me thinks it has become a test once more to give some leverage against those who fail.

15. About time too. Either the 2.4km run or a Multi Stage Fitness Test (MSFT or Bleep Test) can be used alongside the usual press up / sit up criteria. For more info, go to the Serving Soldier link on the Army website www.army.mod.uk