BPFA

if u search this site u will find the answer...... but ure lucky im bored so i will tell u..

as many SITUP'S as u can do in 2 mins
as many PRESSUP'S as u can do in 2 mins
and RUN 1.5miles (2.4km) as fast as u can.

thats it basically.

ahh so it's a Basic assesment then? :)

So it's a Basic Assessment for Personal Fitness is it? I know why don't we call it the Basic Personal Fitness Assessment and we can call it the BPFA?

I heard today, that as from April it will be a test again, with pass or fail. If it will be a different format I don't know, but maybe more lardies will be on remedial as a result.

Can any PT Corps types outhere confirm this ?

I agree that Tubbylardcake and co are an embarresment, but if you cant quite achieve you press up score because of an injury (ie shoulder thats had lots of ops) however come in nerly 2.5 mins under your allowance on the run and blitz your sit ups I don't think your an embarresment, surely there should be some flex???????

Not PT Corps, hence my ability to type this with my fingers and not my kuckles!

Yes it is to be a test again though!

Standby......Go!

Once Yearly

18-30 30-35

2.5km run 10:30 mins 11:00 mins

press-ups 44 40
in 2 mins

sit-ups 44 40
in 2 mins

Also 8-mile tab carrying relevant weight dependant on Regiment/Corps etc in less than 2 hours, this occurs twice yearly.

Soon to be a test again when it becomes the PFT (Personal fitness test) as part of the new MATTS (Military annual training tests) replacing ITDs on 1 Apr this year. Its still the same requirements though me thinks it has become a test once more to give some leverage against those who fail.

About time too. Either the 2.4km run or a Multi Stage Fitness Test (MSFT or Bleep Test) can be used alongside the usual press up / sit up criteria. For more info, go to the Serving Soldier link on the Army website www.army.mod.uk

Fcuking hate the MSFT, its fecking annoying, starting and stopping up and down the same bit of ground. Much prefer the 2.4k run

ironrations said:
Not PT Corps, hence my ability to type this with my fingers and not my kuckles!

Yes it is to be a test again though!

Standby......Go!
Ironrations - Shame your spelling not up to pass standard though!

TOO SLOW BACK AGAIN GO! :twisted:

Hey guys

My BPFA is in one month exactly and i need to train up pretty damm quick! IM ok on sit ups (70 in 2 mins) but not so good on press ups and running

Ive just joined the gym and got weights etc at home

can anyone give me any tips?

cheers

Ref request dated 14 Feb 06 for the requirements for age 35-39 years old to get a 'green' pass on a BPFA:

Press ups - 39
Sit Ups - 43
Run - 11 mins 30 seconds.

My personal view is everyone should be aiming to get in the '300 club' in accordance with age requirements, but anything at 250 points or above is good.

Ref tips for passing your BPFA in a month. (I am not a PTI.) Apart from the fact you should be able to pass at green level on any given day and therefore you should be always training for this minimum requirement, if you are genuinely concerned about this then I suggest, for the next month:

You cut out booze and fags
Run an 800m warm up and then the 2.4 km at least 3 times a week (rest a couple of days before the test) as fast as you can aiming to beat your minimum BPFA time requirement,
Run a longer distance (minimum 5 but up to 10km) 3 times a week at at least 10km an hour pace
Do the maximum number of press ups you can do in 2 minutes first thing before your run, then do the sit ups
Do the maximum number of press ups you can do in 2 minutes in the evening
Be positive about your ability to pass.

When you pass, keep up your fitness !