BP - Compensation for hurt Feelings !

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DesktopCommando, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the love of all that's holy.
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

She's right though. I think I might sue her for making me sick.
  3. Personally, as a American, I don't think any of those people should get a dime for ANY reason. That is the price of doing business in this world. You work in a profession which has ONE bread winner, and it screws up? Too bad on you. Live with it...
  4. "I literally ache behind my knees"

Do what? Jesus! What are these people on??
  5. Well that's just crap. 1500 mi. away but it doesn't say she's ever been there.
    I'm 1500 mi. away too... but two years ago I passed through the area and picked up the psychic tremors of what was to come!

Now I...
    So who do I call about the class action case?

Sorry... I'll post a proper newb thread in the bar tomorrow, on the matelot sauce tonight (that doesn't sound right).
    Need a feckin' smilie now boy.
  6. Go see a feckin doctor then, you,ve got ligament problems, or arthritis, or lurgi, or galloping pyakers, or please god, ebola.
  7. I imagine BP will be finished if this case is successful...

All aboard the Gravy Train! :)
  8. For the socalled 'Land of the Free' it's potentially bloody expensive to live or do business there, isn't it?
  9. This is a bit like the woman who sued Winnebago :- " Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home from an OU football game, having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home".
    The Yanks have a MASSIVE compensation culture for virtually any stupid thing, exacerbated by greedy lawyers who work on the "no win, no fee" basis! Its been spilling over into the UK as well, just look at all the Ad's for personal injury claims!!
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I will need compo then
    My nearest garage is BP
    Although I don't actually have a car now the £20,000 I'll get from BP will mean a new motor and no where to fill it up

Disgraceful whats the Queen doing about it I ak ya
  11. Whilst I accept that the US - with UK close behind - has a ridiculous compensation culture (I work on the edge of that industry investigating duff claims)... the example you use is one of those ancient urban myths and is complete bollocks.

snopes.com: Cruise Control as Auto Pilot
  12. Some years back a black woman tried to sue a local Welsh council for the following sign on a childrens' playground:

Attached Files:

• dim.jpg
      File size:
      15.9 KB
  13. Right, I'm off to put in my lawsuit against BP and the UK government. I go weak at the knees, I get heart palpitations and my eyes spin and make me dizzy every time I put one of their nozzles in my car and watch those bloody numbers go spinning around. Even though we got the con of charging us by the litre instead of the gallon, the amount of fuel dispensed numbers now goes a lot slower than the money taken numbers. Think I'm entitled to tons of compo on this one.
  14. Right... like if you use the cricket bat on a feckin' burglar. At least we're still allowed to just shoot 'em. Dead.

As a caravaner as in "Fulltime RVer" (pikey walt? :) ) I love how you fell for the Winnie myth. Cnut.