• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Boycott The Sun - Competition time

Greetings all,

We already have a couple of nice banners (see below).

What we need is MORE!
When we get a few more, I'll make it so they rotate on the site.
You can use anything you like to make them, Paint, Paintshop Pro, Photoshop etc....
Anything is fine. Try to make them about the same size as the ones below but don't worry too much.
Also, any format is fine, jpg, png, gif etc..... you probably want to avoid bmp though (My internet connection can handle it but not many people will thank you for it).

Post them in this thread or if you have problems with that, email them to bfg9000@boycott-the-sun.co.uk & I'll do the rest.

Also, don't forget you can have a free ____@boycott-the-sun.co.uk email address, just let me know.

TTFN

BFG

P.S. PTP, if you think this is more suited to the NAAFI, please move it.

I guess it goes without saying, but please could they all be work-safe!

I now have them in both my email signature blocks.

Edited to add: Where's Cpl_Ripper when you need him? He's not playing away at the moment is he?

Not got an artistic streak BUT I have just got myself a boycott the sun email addy, HURRAH!

Thank you BFG! x

Edited because all that excitement made my spelling worse than usual

poet said:
Off topic! But how do I get picture in to my sig?
Simply put the following into your signature :-

Code:
[url=http://www.boycott-the-sun.co.uk][img]http://www.boycott-the-sun.co.uk/boycott_the_sun.gif[/img][/url]

TTFN

BFG

BFG - could I please have Murielson@boycott-the-sun.co.uk

I also have several members of the family from Liverpool who may be able to make use of email addresses in that format. Can you confirm the correct way of getting additional email addresses?

Not sure if you wanted this by PM but happy to fetch the thread back to the top.

Cheers

Radical_Dreamer said:
Great effort and good fortune. I've boycotted the sun too long ago.

I'm a professional graphic designer but I unfortunately lack ideas.
I've got an idea but not so good on the abilty side, how about 'Dont be an ARRSE, boycott the Sun' with Mr Potato Head in the banner.

S-D

I'll ask the CO's if that will be ok first. At present, this is a member initative, rather than an ARRSE initative. If the Co's agree to having Arrse involved, then we will move on, on that basis.

Regards

PTP

I can't attach files in this forum, I assume that is the same for all bog standard users, can it be moved or where can I send my artwork, I spent ages on it and I don't want it to languish on my hard drive taking up space.

VerminWA said:
I can't attach files in this forum, I assume that is the same for all bog standard users, can it be moved or where can I send my artwork, I spent ages on it and I don't want it to languish on my hard drive taking up space.
Try loading it on www.photobucket.com

then post it's URL and we should be able to see it on here. Try to keep the size reasonable as it will slow down the pages if you don't. You might want to keep the original and then make a copy and shrink it slightly for online viewing. :)

Cheers!

Not sure about the size and I don't have the permission of the people in the photo, it is however from the Defence Image Database so is already on the web, if this is a problem please feel free to remove it.

Latest Threads