Boycott the Mirror

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MemSec, Feb 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I say again. it full of spelling mistakes and crap.

2. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

3. So...a married woman has an affair with a married man including no contraception ans SHE takes the moral high ground? Takes two to tango luv!!

Would love to know how much the Mirror paid her for the story.

MemSec - you are correct, would not have been a story if the Father was a teenage scrote from a sink estate.

4. I mean, talk about shabby reporting. 1878 isn't all that much of a history when compared to some regiments. RGJ go back a lot longer than that anyway, like I say, shabby reporting.

5. Like the name 'Ray Rock'...........smacks of 'ardness.......and American B movie heroes.

Elite TA unit? Just shows what little they know about the TA then eh?

6. This guy seems like a bit of a "Walt" who's bullshit has come back to haunt him. How many junior ranks have had the CSA gestapo after them and not been in the paper. Seems the squaddie bashing season is upon us again.

7. Please expand.

8. what did she thnk would happen if neither of them were using protection, it was probably an evil scheme along the lines that if she got pregnant he would have to leave his wife, that backfired on her, and thats why she's so cross... or am i just being cynical?

9. I think maybe!!

10. I don't know him that well but as far as I'm aware Ray Rock is a throughly nice chap and is by no means a Walt. Before being deployed he was O/C of the RGJ company on Davies Street. Although I'm not condoning his behaviour it strikes me as rather sad that rags like the Mirror are only to happy to jump on the anti army band wagon at any given moment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I do know him, having served with him and can safely report he is a Top Bloke (IMO) who really cares about his soldiers. For what its worth, under him ( and the excellent PSI now at Davies Street ) his Company won every intra unit contest they entered and have sent a very healthy number of blokes out on TELIC.

You may find his name amusing but he worked his way up from the Ranks to command what is reputed to be one of the best Infantry companies in the TA.

I for one would not like to have a scrap with him, by the way.

12. "I'm not some spurned woman that wants revenge."

:roll:

13. All spurned women want revenge.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Absolutely they do. This man might be a thoroughly good egg, but he's also been incredibly naive at best, and stupid at worst. It never ceases to amaze me how easily men (especially seemingly men of the world) are hoodwinked into fatherhood. For pity's sake gentlemen, never EVER trust a woman, particularly one you are having an affair with!!! You would be fortunate in the extreme to find a woman who will be your mistress and discreet AND risk free - and if you do, it's a pity she's not the one you married because she's a rare creature indeed!!

And to compound his ludicrous risky behaviour, he then appears to have handled the inevitable break up with all the tact, subtlety and finesse of a man scrambling to climb out of a rather murky hole he's been leaping into with not such gay abandon.

Not wanting his mother to find out - oh please...................he strikes me as a man who has worked hard and been lucky and done all the right things to find himself in the happy position of being universally adored and admired.........well done that man - and now he's finding the notion of losing his Duty Hero status too painful to relinquish - it's a lot grimier being an ordinary mortal.........

Well, let's hope he at least comes out of this sorry scenario with some degree of humility, maturity and at least a little wisdom. Perhaps he will then make a better father and partner to the several people he has dragged into the mire with him.