Boy threatened with £80 fine for lost cat poster!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Sep 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Yup,once again the faceless idiots who run our councils make Britain the laughing stock of the world!

Boy losses cat,threatened with fine

2. Cats are made by the devil though.

So are sweetcorn and peppers.

3. They're faceless and cowardly, Spike...

You'll notice that when the Dad informed them he'd see them in court and perhaps on the front page of the Daily Mail, someone in the Council clearly realised how well this would go down with the press, had visions of the Sun, Mail and Torygraph making the council look stupid in large headlines- not a difficult task, after all - and promptly issued the grovelling apology.

Of course, the proper apology would've been for the * who made the threat of the fine to have been sent round Whitstable on his hands and knees with a pack of Go-Kat [sic] looking for the missing moggy with instructions not to return to work until he'd found it.

(edit because sending the environment bloke to hunt for the cat around Cantebury would've been eff-all use since the beast lives in Whitstable)

4. Typical of so many local authorities (and central Govt for that matter), have a go at normal, law abiding citizens rather than have the balls to go after the real scum, travellers, illegal immigrants etc. It has become all too easy for the faceless beaurocrats to place the decent on lists of "offenders" just to rake in cash from fines. Cnuts one and all.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Arc,I stand corrected!
    Yup,I wonder if they'd take that line around election time when all the 'candidates' have their campaign posters stuck all over walls,lamp posts ect & remain there for weeks,even month's after the election.
    On second thoughts,Naaahhh...

6. What? That's outrageous. Sweetcorn and peppers are awesome!

7. This doesn't surprise me as local authorities are the most corrupt organisations in this country, one day one of these stasi types is going to go too far and get killed for it.

And has anyone noticed around London that a lot of the parking attendants and "civil enforcement officers" seem to hail from Nigeria :?

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

You mean it's all a scam??!! :p

TAXI!

9. There are certainly stories circulating that they are issuing spurious tickets in order to claim bonuses (commission) on them knowing that they will have moved on by the time the appeal goes through and the ticket is cancelled.

10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Just send a forged cheque for £80 stapled to a dead cat, along with a copy of the leaflet with "no longer required" written on it.

11. All of them appear to be foreigners in one way or another. I don't know whether that makes a statement about aliens in England, Africans or the councils which employ them. One way or another, it's unsatisfactory. I wish I knew where I'd buried that machine gun.

12. And these are the people they want to give even more powers to abuse, I think I'm going to have to aquire a shotgun.

13. It is worth remembering that both the local authority and the government are supposed to be there to serve the people who put them there not the other way round.

14. Surly it would be cheaper for the council to employ said environment inspector as a litter picker job done.

15. One of my shorter posts: Councils & those who work for them: Bunch of CNUTS