Boy, 12, turns into girl

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, Sep 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok now am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea before hormones have kicked in normal child development, I know the article states that the operation wont begin until after puberty, but the body and mind goes through some complicated crap and lots of reversal of opinions at that point.

A BOY aged 12 turned up at school as a GIRL - after changing sex during the summer holidays.
    Teachers called an emergency assembly to order fellow pupils to treat him as female.

The lad, whose parents have changed his name to a girl's by deed poll, arrived in a dress with long hair in ribboned pigtails. He is preparing for sex-swap surgery.

Angry parents told yesterday how their kids were left tearful and confused after school staff announced the boy pupil was now a girl.

They said the head teacher should have informed them in advance of the "sex change" so they could prepare their sons and daughters and inform them about gender issues.
  2. This won't have been done lightly - he'd have to have seen more psychiatrists than Ted Bundy before doctors would have recommended it.
  3. Bizarre stuff and I'm surprised there aren't laws/safeguards to stop this type of thing happening.

Paid for by the NHS? Mind boggling 8O
  4. Do I detect another contender for the gender confused Athletics team? Claims of South African heritage will be next.
  5. Where's Legs when we need her?? I have to admit,whilst I'm in no way against gender reassignment (as its known in th'NHS) I'm uncomfortable with it before puberty! I know that this child is just at the 'living as a girl' stage but I really hope nothing permanent is done for a while yet, at least until the age of consent maybe! It would seem odd that you can't USE your sexual organs before that age, but you can have them reversed!
  6. Little boys wee through them you know.
  7. know what I mean :D
  8. Here I am!

I'm in two minds on this one if I'm honest.

If I'd have known at 12 what I know now then I'd have wanted to do the same. I knew at 9 that I was different, but I didn't know that anything could be done about it.

However I also know of adults who, after transitioning but before the surgery, realise that changing Gender isn't the answer for them. It has also happened post surgery, though this is rarer.

Most children don't know their own minds at 12. Some do. The effects of hormone blockers would make any later gender reassignment far easier and far more effective without all that mucking about with Testosterone.

Also of course she is getting grief from her schoolmates. Kids are cruel little gits at times and she's going to need the strength of Hercules to get through this, even with support from her family.
  9. These people are mentally ill and should be treated for it.

The parents shouldn't encourage this madness either.

Nor should the NHS pay out anything towards these freaks, apart from to give them mental help.
  10. Like the tactful approach there. :roll:

Wait, there wasn't any was there? 8O
  11. Surely the strength of Xena -Warrior Princess?
  12. I think you have a point there, after all if he'd insisted he was Napoleon would they have sent him for French lessons or straight to the head-doctor?
  13. Why didnt the local education authority and local authority try and sort this stituation out before this child attended secondary school .
    They have a duty of care towards this child and all children within the school which is cleary not the case as to what they have taken in to consideration .
  14. Fcuk off Chubb.
  15. It is entirely possible the kid could be a hemaphrodite (a big word for the sun), in which case deciding a sex to go with before puberty starts is well documented, as it is easier to counteract the bodies own hormonal changes.