Boxing Day + New year sales

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Bigdumps, Dec 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All!

Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to inform about what sales are on and where.

As far as I know the Harrods sale starts this saturday 27th December, and the Marks and Spencers sale and Debenhams starts tomorrow.

Being the credit crunch and all I reckon we should be able to get some right bargains (i'm hoping for suede brogues!).

Merry Christmas and all that.

2. SALES ????? Are you some kind of girly tart ???? You'll be asking for make up tips next.

3. I am a total girly tart, its true!

But really, I get hacked off paying full prices for clothes, shoes etc!

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Links! Sales! Yay!

Only coz I am a cheap c unt.

5. I intend to mix with the hordes at McArthur Glen in Mansfield on Saturday, intending to stock up on some nice new work duds for my new job.

I am not looking forwards to it... ( the shopping that is, the job is ace )

6. Harrods? You taking the piss?

1. Its owned by a cunt.
    2. Even in a sale the prices are going to be ridiulously high.

It is a bit fannyballsish starting a sales thread. A better thread would be one for any stores that are prepared to barter or offer big/forces discounts.

I'm in the market for a new TV. I've seen the one i want:

Samsung LE37A656, best price so far is £599 from t'internet. Can anyone find it cheaper?

7. msr

msr LE

8. Yep thats the one i saw, but can it be got cheaper?

Anyone used cdiscount.com before? Are they reliable? Not that i'm overly arsed; Mr Mastercard can take the hit if ir all goes pear shaped.

9. Re: Harrods

Well last year I bought a fantastic pair of shoes, usually 400 quid, down to 150. bargain!

10. Hmm! Nice one Imelda Marcos.

11. Do you get to places a lot quicker in them?

12. I'm starting my sale tomorrow, upto 70% off seasonal gifts & crafts. Last year the shop wasn't open, i was just in repricing stock, i couldn't believe the amount of people trying to get in. Hoping for the same tomorrow.

13. I am sorry, GB, but "seasonal gifts & crafts" just won't cut the mustard for a lot of Arrsers (excluding that big girl's blouse called Dale, of course), so they will all be down at B&Q and Wickes buying up the larger sized drills and leather tool pouches.

I will be at Homecraft where I am hoping to find some nice cheap sequins and balsa wood for a little project I am planning. :D

Litotes

14. Ooo sequins i can do but i only stock chipboard, sorry. Personaly i feel i'm fully stocked with battery powered 'diy' tools :)