Boxing - am I really fucked?

I need a coming out song, not a ******* gay coming out song either, a coming out the room and pose for the ladies song before the fight - any ideas? I thought "This is the end" by the Doors
******* In The Bushes by Oasis

And cracking job on the money mate :)

If I get pasted, my sisters will sort the ****** out anyway. Fitness is average, not bad for my age but after three rounds I start to feel it big time in the arms. Technique like most novice boxers is shit, soon as I get a slap it all ends up like a taxi q on a Friday night in Newcastle. Feathers, spit, kebab meat with lots of windmilling.

I need a coming out song, not a ******* gay coming out song either, a coming out the room and pose for the ladies song before the fight - any ideas? I thought "This is the end" by the Doors.
Elbow - grounds for divorce
Suitable song, usually used on top feet for the immense guitar solo bit, bit like a wah wah but deep.

I am like a mushroom, fed shit and kept in the dark; i know nothing.
Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE so excuse random "spellchecking"

RIP 'enry.
Well done on the fundraising, i had 42 amateur fights at welterweight ( a long time ago ) good advice try and get to a local boxing gym to pick up some tips, if you have never boxed then it is also a good idea to ask if you can do some light sparring over three rounds, it will give you the feel of the ring and a steer on how to pace yourself, it is surprising how many people who have never boxed react to being hit for the first time, there is a significant difference from brawling and comes as a bit of a shock, especially as there will be more to follow all of your pre fight planning will go to a bag of ratshit if you have never experienced taking a punch, so get some in before the day. Dance like a girl and sting like a flea!!!!

RIP 'enry.
Well done on the fundraising, i had 42 amateur fights at welterweight ( a long time ago ) good advice try and get to a local boxing gym to pick up some tips, if you have never boxed then it is also a good idea to ask if you can do some light sparring over three rounds, it will give you the feel of the ring and a steer on how to pace yourself, it is surprising how many people who have never boxed react to being hit for the first time, there is a significant difference from brawling and comes as a bit of a shock, especially as there will be more to follow all of your pre fight planning will go to a bag of ratshit if you have never experienced taking a punch, so get some in before the day. Dance like a girl and sting like a flea!!!!
Good advice (expected) learn to take hits, try doing some pad work, I found faceshots didn't bother me too much but chest shots pounded me, sorted it by holding a focus pad against my chest and letting people practises 1 inch punches. Just take some shots and see how you respond.

I am like a mushroom, fed shit and kept in the dark; i know nothing.
Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE so excuse random "spellchecking"

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
My brother-in-law who is in the fire service has just done the same thing against a similar opponent and hes 44. He was trained by a lad from Bromton Bks and l think if you touch base with the local Army gym staff they may be able to help. Dont worry to much, having been in the same situation the worry far outweights the pain (most times!) Good luck and well done

Forastero

LE
Find a white collar boxing gym, that'll definitely help. I joined one at the tender age of 41 and bloody loved it. Shat myself in my first 'fight' but gave a good account of myself against a fitter, stronger, younger git.

Well, was a good night but I lost on points. I had points deducted for holding on. Well, to be honest I was pulling him into a kind of a head hold with my right arm then trying to punch him and the ref wasnt happy about it. Ironic thing was I was knocking him about and would have probs won it. Win some lose some I suppose. Bit sore today, bruised nose and a few aches and pains but nothing to bad. Raised wekk over 5K though which Im pleased about.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
try not to do that in the ring, now that **would** be embarassing. ;)

seriously, good luck, and remember it's for a good cause.
How do you not shit yourself in the ring?

D

Deleted 20555

Hit him in the first 10 seconds then fake a broken hand. I wouldn't worry too much though - unless you are an incredibly fit 40 year old you're going to pass out in about a minute into the fight due to the sudden physical exertion - try to remember to breathe.

Well done on the £££ raised, the first broken nose is always the most painful, would you do it again, just for the hell of it?

Hit him in the first 10 seconds then fake a broken hand. I wouldn't worry too much though - unless you are an incredibly fit 40 year old you're going to pass out in about a minute into the fight due to the sudden physical exertion - try to remember to breathe.
The fight happened already.......

Keep the ref in your peripheral vision and stick the nut on your opponent at the earliest opportunity when the ref aint looking.

Good luck. Can I have your watch?