Boxing - am I really fucked?

At the start of each round, run across the ring, grab him in a bear hug & hang on for dear life!
Atleast put on a good show worth 4k sponsorship.. ;)

I am like a mushroom, fed shit and kept in the dark; i know nothing.
Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE so excuse random "spellchecking"

It will be amateur boxing, which means the ref will stop the fight if you are getting a pounding. Usually gives two standing counts before sacking it completely.

Try a sneaky punch to his bollocks if it all becomes a bit to much.
Wrong. If it was amateur boxing he wouldn't be allowed to fight as the cut off to be declared medically fit is 34. It'll be prize fighting/White collar boxing. Either way I imagine, as you said, any decent ref will stop it if it gets silly.

Either way head and chin down. Pick your shots and don't get drawn into exchanging punches. Chances are your fitness will give out before his so try to slow the fight down to your pace (it may even **** his plans if the fight draws out). Much admiration for you though. I wouldn't want to step into the ring with someone nearly half my age.

TBM

If I get pasted, my sisters will sort the ****** out anyway. Fitness is average, not bad for my age but after three rounds I start to feel it big time in the arms. Technique like most novice boxers is shit, soon as I get a slap it all ends up like a taxi q on a Friday night in Newcastle. Feathers, spit, kebab meat with lots of windmilling.

I need a coming out song, not a ******* gay coming out song either, a coming out the room and pose for the ladies song before the fight - any ideas? I thought "This is the end" by the Doors.

Wrong. If it was amateur boxing he wouldn't be allowed to fight as the cut off to be declared medically fit is 34. It'll be prize fighting/White collar boxing. Either way I imagine, as you said, any decent ref will stop it if it gets silly.
By amateur I meant he won't have his head taken off, because the refs are always on the look out to prevent a beginner from being mullered.

Hammy what weight are you both? If you are both skinny *******, he probably won't batter you but will win on points.

If I get pasted, my sisters will sort the ****** out anyway. Fitness is average, not bad for my age but after three rounds I start to feel it big time in the arms. Technique like most novice boxers is shit, soon as I get a slap it all ends up like a taxi q on a Friday night in Newcastle. Feathers, spit, kebab meat with lots of windmilling.

I need a coming out song, not a ******* gay coming out song either, a coming out the room and pose for the ladies song before the fight - any ideas? I thought "This is the end" by the Doors.
Don't put yourself down mate.Can also be used in the 19 days build up training. YouTube - JoBoxers - Boxerbeat

Im 12 ish and he is about 11.5 or so I think. Im a little more stocky, he's taller and more of a footballer build. Im a short arrse.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Living in America by James Brown. Look what it did for Apollo Creed's chances against a younger, taller fighter.

B

Boozy

I sympathise with your position... I took a bit of a crash course in boxing at the start of the year in a charity white collar event. In the end I didn't actually get to fight on the night as I was a last minute replacement and they ended up having too many people involved but the training was the most intense thing I've ever done in my life.

I did get a few practice fights against a gypsy girl in though and all I know is, I wouldn't like to cross one of those!

If you have a boxing gym anywhere near you I'd get down there and ask if someone can train you for the run-up to the fight.

Fitness and Footwork are the major things and as has already been mentioned head down guard up. As a total beginner I never expected the footwork to be as important as it was but the trainer guy said it was paramount.

I sympathise with your position... I took a bit of a crash course in boxing at the start of the year in a charity white collar event. In the end I didn't actually get to fight on the night as I was a last minute replacement and they ended up having too many people involved but the training was the most intense thing I've ever done in my life.

I did get a few practice fights against a gypsy girl in though and all I know is, I wouldn't like to cross one of those!

If you have a boxing gym anywhere near you I'd get down there and ask if someone can train you for the run-up to the fight.

Fitness and Footwork are the major things and as has already been mentioned head down guard up. As a total beginner I never expected the footwork to be as important as it was but the trainer guy said it was paramount.
"I did get a few practice fights against a gypsy girl in though" Was it Bare knuckle?.

B

Boozy

"I did get a few practice fights against a gypsy girl in though" Was it Bare knuckle?.
Nope this all took place in an amateur boxing gym, she had all her own proper boxing kit and she was drafted in to help train the novice women...claimed her sister was a "professional"...not sure if that was BS or not but she was scary as!

Ive entered into a boxing tournament in aid of ABF and H4H. Now, Im not a boxer, never boxed before unless you count the odd bout of milling. Im 40 years old and Ive been drawn against some 24 year old lad who is lighter than me but a more experienced boxer.

Im shitting myself
I think we all remember the last time a boxer shat in the ring during an international event...

Crufts, 1987!

I'll get me coat!

is there a song called "not the face, please god not the ******* face,I have work in the morning oh god I feel sick,not the face"

Nope this all took place in an amateur boxing gym, she had all her own proper boxing kit and she was drafted in to help train the novice women...claimed her sister was a "professional"...not sure if that was BS or not but she was scary as!
Did you fill her in and kick **** out of her sister then?. :)

B

Boozy

Did you fill her in and kick **** out of her sister then?. :)
No... never even met her sister... and have no desire to have the cast of big gypo weddings after me with pickaxes and shovels - I'd like to see my 24th birthday cheers! ... but I did dance about the ring like crazy dodging her punches pretty well - some of the other beginners who came up against her didn't fare so well! Before that I'd never been in a fight ever, but I've been told I "have a good punch on me" Happy enough with that! and I no longer skip like a little girl, I skip like ******* rocky! :)

The gym was one of those religious ones attached to a chapel... was really weird being surrounded by crucifixes, pictures of the virgin mary and jesus and all that jazz on the walls while being encouraged to beat the shit out of someone!

Another tip for you hammy, don't buy a cheap gumshield... I paid for that mistake with bleeding gums! And I hadn't even been hit in the face!