boxes for the boys

got some boxes ready to send out to the boys, can someone pm me some names

bump

Is there a company or perhaps a system whereby ARRSE could send a box or two in our name? I'd actually like to donate some money toward a few boxes for the lads.... wish I could send it, but i'm afraid a box coming from Africa would prob only make it out the country in a years time, after customs have taken their share....

any info would be grand...

I've nearly finished my box, I've also got some of those old commando comics to throw in to make up the weight, if any of the stuff I've got on the list is guff let me know.

4 * Packs of 8 Ibuprofen tablets (solid ones)
6 * Anti-diarrhea tablets
Lipbalm
Assortment of small plasters (Around 20)
30 * Melba Toast slices
Squeezy honey (for toast slices, biscuits brown, tea etc)
2 * Apple & Cinneman Bars
6 * Lollypops
3 * Packs chewing gums (fresh unlike the ones from rat packs)
Pack of beef jerky
Fruitin squezable jam

Forgot to add I've made two of these boxes (with identical contents)

Attachments

still looking for some names, so please pm me if you can

Id like Jakki Deggs box if you can send that ;-)

Attachments

Don't forget to make sure that you wrap any parcels well; we're getting a fair amount of damage from broken bottles, jars etc where parcels have broken up in transit. Obviously it ruins the contents but, more importantly, it can also ruin lots of other peoples' mail in the same bag too. Much obliged to you.

:)

Dragstrip said:
Don't forget to make sure that you wrap any parcels well; we're getting a fair amount of damage from broken bottles, jars etc where parcels have broken up in transit. Obviously it ruins the contents but, more importantly, it can also ruin lots of other peoples' mail in the same bag too. Much obliged to you.

:)
I'll bear that in mind, is there any particular item that I've left out or should leave out?

Planning to post them out on wednesday.

You can stick a PS3 in there if you want. I'll pm you my address.

I have been trying to get names so that residents in the village I live in can send parcels. I have tried for a number of weeks now on various threads on ARRSE. No luck yet can anyone help? If you have any names please PM them to me so I can keep it secure.

Skynet - is there a supportoursoldiers co-ordinator near you? They can help with forwarding packages on as they have contact details of soldiers willing to hand out packages to soldiers who dont get much mail. I know because I am a co-ordinator. Forgot to say they posted 2437 parcels last year and are hoping to beat that this year :D

Found these two addresses online a while back to send parcels to, and they will then distribute to troops who don't get much mail:

A (male/female) British Soldier
c/o J I Branch
HQ MND (SE)
Op Telic
BFPO 641

OR

A (male/female) British Soldier
c/o Capt S Beattie MBE SO3 J I
HQ Task Force Helmand
Lashkar Gar
BFPO 715

RoyalAnglianMum said:
Skynet - is there a supportoursoldiers co-ordinator near you? They can help with forwarding packages on as they have contact details of soldiers willing to hand out packages to soldiers who dont get much mail. I know because I am a co-ordinator. Forgot to say they posted 2437 parcels last year and are hoping to beat that this year :D
Hi RoyalAnglianMum
Not that I am aware of. I have become aware of one (no name) near Dover which is about 10 miles away. What I did last year was to get a few villages to send parcels out to named individuals which gave them a bit of a bond and a number got nice thank you letters back. I'm too busy on other projects to take it on full time but I can manage a few in the village. Its rather nice that way!

still looking for a couple of names guys, would love to get these boxes away

I shall be in the stan at christmas with the rest of 20 field squadron RE. So instead of sending a box to a random squaddie, send one to an ARRSE squaddie :D

Not too many to get crated though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MODBloke Charities and Welfare 29
D The NAAFI Bar 12
T The Training Wing 10