Boxes for kit transport

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by lazystudent, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I'm looking for some help/recommendations for finding some surplus boxes/cases for transporting stuff in.

I work for a geological exploration consultancy and we bought some supposedly tough plastic cases a few years ago, but they've proved to be anything but. We're looking for somewhere near London or Oxford that would stock surplus battle boxes or the like. Something that has a volume of about 60-90 litres, and can take a bit of abuse as well. An online supplier that delivers would be OK too.

Any help much appreciated

Lazy

2. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Peli are the way to go. Expensive, but nigh on indestructible. We use them for transporting all our delicate kit and they have a good rep.

3. Cheers Fronty, I'll follow that up.

I'm also looking for anywhere that might do these sort of boxes/cases second hand, as my boss is keen on getting some quality gear on the cheap. Anywhere in London?

4. Thanks again - have had a quick check on eBay - no joy so far

5. peli are insanely over engineered and over priced. and they are seriously heavy

6. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

True, but they are proof against everything but bears and 9 year olds. If you want stuff protecting, they are the daddy.

7. Cheers for all your help guys, got some options to take to my boss now. Does anybody now where I could get large volume ammo boxes (metal ones)? He seems irrationally keen on those.

8. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)