box up your shirts?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kingpin, Jun 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone answer this for me. Does anyone know if the army makes you box your shirts (like your PT t-shirts) up for locker inspections on recruit training?

Some people say yes, some say no and my 2 mate's who are in the army can never give me a straight answer as I only get to see them at weekends, by which time they are in the pub and had one too many! -someone else has told me it depends on whether your room wants to box or not, as long as you all keep it the same it doesn't matter.

Just for the record, I am sh1t at boxing up and if you do have to box, then I will need to get some practice in.
  2. If its on a hanger then no, if its on your shelf then yes.

When you are on basic you usually have a 'locker layout' explained to you by the training team or even a diagram is taped to your locker. This will tell you where all your kit is meant to be placed, in exact detail.

If your asked to 'box' shirts and t shirts then its usually to the size of an A4 sheet of paper, so the trick there is to have a cardboard template ready.
  3. I see, think I will start getting some practice in. Cheers, as now I'm a bit clearer. :D
  4. When I did my basic back in 88, it was 9 inches by 9 inches, not sure what the crack is these days, but can't see it changing much. Just a gauge for you to practice towards.

Good Luck, chin up, head down, mouth shut, don't let the bast**ds get you down and you should be sound!!
  5. sounds like you have to fold your head now, was just the t-shirts in my day ;)
  6. LOL :lol: :lol: