BOWTAG or BOWMAN SST: the agony of choice!

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Berlin_104s, Sep 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Morning All!

I hope you don't mind me intruding into your forum but I have a question for you. I have just been told that I am going to be posted to the ICS Stream next year. I intend to call the relevant desk at APC next week to discuss the specifics, but before I do so and following the principle that 'forewarned is forearmed' I am keen to hear opinions (both positive and negative) from those who have served either with BOWTAG or BOWMAN SST. Please feel free to PM me with any specific details if you want. Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Berlin

2. I don't really see it as an agony of choice Berlin. Both establishments have a vast of array of experience and opportunities to do some good work. Even more so with the eventual fielding of BCIP 5. I have had a few dealings over the past couple of weeks with Bowman SST and have found them to be a very helpful and knowledgeable bunch of guys. I cannot comment on BOWTAG due to having very little contact with them.

Equally I should imagine that anyone working with either agency should have a fair bit of scope to do some networking for any potential jobs outside of the wire. Good luck buddy and enjoy it!