Bowman PRR

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by CNC6, May 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can any one help? I have a pair of Bowman PRR's. they were a gift from a friend. they both work close up but once you are about 20 feet away they stop working. what am I doing wrong? thanks
    CMC6 :?

2. up the power output, and when you run from one to the other at 20ft you would miss the msg anyway!!

3. Army tend not to give away serviceable kit! So there lies the answer! :?

4. Make sure their both on the same channel...its probably just your mates voice your hearing from 20ft away!

5. Are you sure you should have those? Last I read there weren't any PRR's available as surplus and any seen for sale were to be reported...

6. The MOD are not the only source of them, I obtained some that had been rejected by the factory.
    Normally they have loose PCB connectors inside.
    Shame Marconi/Selex insisted on super gluing them together, still with a small
    chisel and some care you can split them open with little damage. Defective
    PTT units are more difficult to open. They normally have either a broken
    flexible pcb to the headset socket or a plug that has come loose between
    the main PCB and the PCB that mates with the body of the unit.

Having said that the described fault sounds like a defective antenna or antenna connector or low batteries to me.

7. Sorry to ruin your party mate but any PRR that are available outside the MOD are veiwed as being stolen.

Why on earth would you want them in the first place, if you need them for work then you'd be issued with them.

8. somebody should be having a word with some of the sellers
    they are available from legit dealers overseas but are about £500 or so

9. I know I've seen them before. I don't believe some of the kit that turns up on there. My last favourite was a guy selling 10 man rations, 24 ORP and Hexi by the case load. The ORP photo clearly showed the 'not for resale' stamp too!

10. Damn, and there is me thinking of Ebay'ing 2 boats in my shed.

1 Owner
    2 x 750bhp inboard diesel engines
    Seating for 10
    GPS/Plotter and Communications Suite fitted.
    50knots plus.
    Black masking tape included.
    Buyer collects!

11. [/quote]

Damn, and there is me thinking of Ebay'ing 2 boats in my shed.

1 Owner
    2 x 750bhp inboard diesel engines
    Seating for 10
    GPS/Plotter and Communications Suite fitted.
    50knots plus.
    Black masking tape included.
    Buyer collects![/quote]

Buyer collects from Iran is that?

12. No, these Marines dont give up!

13. It's crazy I saw someone selling a job lot of Mk 6 Kevlar's with the picture's suspiciously looking like they were taken in a clothing store!

14. As I have said on previous EBay threads the green slime/RMP are all over this,I did the Security of Arms and Ammo course last year at Bde HQ and a good slice of the presentation showed screen shots of the EBay sales and the resulting Civ/Mil conviction that followed .... !