• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BOWMAN POWER DRAIN

Crikey! We can't get General Dynamics to commit to transmission distances or equipment capabilities and you wanna know the power drain in amps! :)

You're not called Norman, have no mates and collect stamps do ya? You need to get out more bud.... preferably in the daylight, giggle!

That said.... i might have a source who can help you out. Will make enquiries and get back to you mate.

keithspurs2000 said:
Has anyone got any accurate information with regards to the power drain in amps in a bowman platform. PM me if nesessary. Thanks.[/quote

Not got the wiggly amps answer but I have worked with both armoured and wheeled Bowman platforms for a while now, the normal SOP that I get the guys to adhere to is once every twleve hours they must static run the engines/pack of the platform. This is a rule of thumb and battery levels need to be monitored closely. But if you are working 432 Command variants then this will need to be adapted as they have less batteries than a 436. The first sign that your batteries are going into discharge is the UCDs failing to operate correctly and the HF set going into permanent Tx.

Hope this helps

TB

"Every day's a learing day" as they say! Nice points there at the end of your post Time Bandit.... must note those away for ref. Cheers! :D

Doogonk said:
"Every day's a learing day" as they say! Nice points there at the end of your post Time Bandit.... must note those away for ref. Cheers! :D
Glad to be of assistance! Any other points that need clearing up ask away!!!

keithspurs2000 said:
Has anyone got any accurate information with regards to the power drain in amps in a bowman platform. PM me if nesessary. Thanks.
Surely, the answer is "how long is a piece of string?"!

I don't know how many platform types we now have, but each one will be different, with a different power budget.

Litotes

Litotes said:
Surely, the answer is "how long is a piece of string?"!

I don't know how many platform types we now have, but each one will be different, with a different power budget.
Very good point! Without giving specs, names and sensitive info away.... what vehicle spec are we talking about? Simple or fully functional platform? Given the amount of kit in a fully functional now.... is it all going to be on at once? Does the original poster work for the Pakastani government? etc etc etc!

You could do yourself a mischief trying to figure this one out! :pissedoff:

Feck me days, it gets more and more technical.

If I get recalled to the colours, can someone please organise a job for me as a spud barber in the cookhouse. Ta.

Latest Threads