Bowman penthouse lights

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by polar69, Aug 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats the DS solution for Bowman penthouse tent lighting ? ( Yes I know its not really a penthouse tent )

Is a 5' long flourescent light really the best the army can do ?

2. Think yourself lucky, post SDSR it will be 3ft :)

3. Not still got the old Clansman G10 kit?
    The lighting kit for that, i.e. the black plastic clip on sort not work for you?

4. Make your own! Or get a tech to do it for a few beers.

5. All our stores where returned when the regiment was binned. However if I did come across some old Clansman lights (the green ones about 40cm long ) how would I mod them to work out of a bowman det ?
    Dev, you don't know our Techys

6. They're for a 28V supply, so if you can get a normal clansman 28V cable (the 2 pin circular one) and remove the other end connector, then strip it, it'll go straight on the terminals coming out of the battery box.

7. Yep, all the Bowman dets I've ever seen with lights in the back of them simply have the old Clansman lights with the power connector taken off and the cable stripped back and 'tinned' with solder.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't an official lighting system for Bowman Land Rovers or their tents. I've certainly never seen one.

8. Our wagon had one of these bolted into it and attached to the battery box with any old piece of mains cable. Any fog lamp for a vehicle should go down fine as well.

The other thing to do is have a whip round for a 240V inverter, and then just plug any building site lamp into it. Everyone loves an inverter anyway, means you can charge your phone / ipod etc, or plug in a boom box for some tunes while driving.

9. We have inverters issued with our gene's.
    If required, i can get the NSN.