Bowman.....good or bad.

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Specialforcescomms, Apr 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone out there experience of Bowman within an Operational Environment. I have heard mixed reviews as to how it has performed.

Any feed back would be most welcome.

2. Jooooooourno

3. You're a couple of years too late, search the old posts for your quotes.

4. Los of experience in both recent theatres of ops why do you want to know?

5. With grammar like that? Maybe he's from The Grauniad...

6. You have to be a shit **** to call yourself "Specialforcescomms" but then not know anything about the basic Britsh Armies radio.

7. IMHO I would say that a Bowman does not serve the needs of the modern fighting force. When faced with the determined lightly armed insurgent, or his various IEDs, it is just not up to the job. It is far too hard to maintain the weapon in the shoulder and those arrows hurt like **** when you accidentally sit on the pointy end. Added to which the low cyclic rate and poor range make it a very bad choice in a firefight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bowman is an Apache crewman, right?

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

Bowman (on the) Radio better than that eejit Moyles.

11. specialforcescomms and no experience or knowledge of bowman :| enough said.

12. STAB ****.

13. Sorry have to disagree, BOWMAN was a far more accurate and efficient during the napoleonic wars, admittedly the training package was quite lengthy.

In todays army, it is very user friendly and safe.. The inbuilt safety on having to move the right arm back a considerable distance before it can be fired. Compared to the SA80, one version works for both left and right handed people - much kudos on the diversity front (very important these days).

Plus both the system and ammunition come from green materials - renewable resources and they are both bio degradable..

The stealth options of the BOWMAN..... slight twang when launched and stealth properties of the projectile...

I think this is a must have PC weapon in the modern army.

14. You are a Knob.

15. Forgive me as that was quite a good post you made, but...........The Napoleonic Wars? Really???