Bowman Daysack

This isn't one of those 'what daysack shall I buy?' threads...before anyone gets upset and suggests I use the search function.

Basically, I've managed to get hold of one of these new Bowman daysacks with the detachable lid...and this is where the problem lies...it has no lid!

Just wondering if anyone would a) be able to point me in the right direction to find a replacement lid; b) be in a position to find one in exchange for some beer tokens.

Please don't give me 'if you're meant to have one you would be issued one, ask your QM'. You know the score. PM me if you can help.

Cheers guys

ugly

LE
Curious about which one as I knew one off Artkis' founders, he was my english teacher at secondary school about 26 years ago!

The ex RM that started Arktis (one of the starters) sold the company on about 10 (ish) years ago. They had moved into making chainsaw trousers, and they wern't tested very well......

So the person that is now listed as MD Arktis purchased the company at that time.

I did work for Arktis for a while, a few years ago.

If you want any further info page me.

forniup said:
Could someone please post the NSN for this item
Cheers
Forn
Dunno if anyone is still interested, but:

8465-99-986-6643

If you google pri and bowman it looks like they had the contract to supply them in the first place and I did get one direct from their factory about 5 years ago.

I checked the current catalogue and can see that it's not listed any more. I suspect that the contract was for so many which they filled so they no longer have them in stock.

The boman kit does make a good daysac but it is a modified karrimor sabre I think, so have you thought about one of those?

PRI seem to supply good quality karrimor sf stuff which is far better than the ordinary karrimor kit which seems to have gone way down market lately.

It is also a shiny item that is part of the BOWMAN manpack CES.

You may have your friendly BOWMAN Storeman take it off your hands after a one sided conversation!!!!

Yes i have done this!

Not so much " Where did he get that Ally Daysack from?" More so " Can you prove its not Army property?"

Just a thought!

Also a CIS incident report must be completed and submitted with your
demand.

Dodgy-Engr said:
It is also a shiny item that is part of the BOWMAN manpack CES.

You may have your friendly BOWMAN Storeman take it off your hands after a one sided conversation!!!!

Yes i have done this!

Not so much " Where did he get that Ally Daysack from?" More so " Can you prove its not Army property?"

Just a thought!

Also a CIS incident report must be completed and submitted with your
demand.

I have one. I Wouldn't give it to a storeman if he gobbed off like that! Its up to him to prove I have aquired it illegally. Remember Innocent until proven guilty?!

The 60mm Mor Bag and 45L Inf Daysack, both issued on ops, are all based on the Bowman Bag so are, fundamentally, the same bag but with different features for the 3 different user groups. Only avail on ops though I am afraid.

Have just seen a Karrimor Daysack the Predator Patrol 45 on the Soldier Of Fortune website:

SOF Military New Items

Looks pretty similar to the 60mm mor pack or the Bowman bag and might be a good option if you can't get one through the system.

Haven't seen the 45 L Inf Bergen - anybody know what it's like?