BOWMAN Conversion tales

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ShaftandSpanner, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm shortly to have the whole BOWMAN conversion process/thing/nightmare inflicted on me. At the risk of being swamped can I ask for some tales of BOWMAN conversion, primarily conversion of the equipment rather than training of the people.

I'm mainly interested in conversion in Germany but some stories from the UK would be good as well.

Are there some good stories and helpful pointers as well as the nightmares that I've heard on the grapevine?

Many thanks

2. What nightmares have you heard on the grapevine

3. Vehicles getting called forward for conversion then sitting there for months while GD think about how they're going to fit all the kit in without breaking the chassis. However I'll freely admit that I've been out of the loop for a while and this could be very old news receieved 3rd or 4th hand.

What I'm really after is an update on how well conversion is working now.

4. There's barely any room left in a CVRT when its fitted as it competes for space with the sight system AND its not even waterproofed properly. It interferes with the crew IC

A disgraceful waste of money

5. Has it not enhanced your capability having secure voice and situational awareness?

6. Is the installation of Bowman going ahead for all regiments now or are they rolling it out in tranches

7. BOWMAN wolf tips over very easily off road!!