Bowman Conversion: Falling through the cracks? RCMOs?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by muddysapper, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a C3S Cpl currently at a training depot, will I still be employable when I return to the field army?

At present I'm a Calnsman RSI and have yet to convert to Bowman. My unit cannot release me for the 52 days worth of courses required, and if they could, it would leave my training team short of a section commander.

As far as I know, the 2 year conversion contract with Augusta Westland will have run out by the time I leave this establishment, and I would like to know how I will be employed in a C3S troop and how the conversion process will work for those in my position.

Will my lack of Bowman skills hamper promotion to Sgt? and future career prospects :? Being outside of the corps makes it hard to get a straight answer!

If anyone else is in the same boat, or has any info or expertise on the matter, I would greatly appreciate your views.

2. Can't help you but I'm a C3S sapper and I've yet to be converted. Being tour for the next 5 months doesn't help either, I never knew there was a 2 year conversion contract though, when is the date that it ends?
  3. dont panik ! . ADv sig course is 12 days , BSI ( bowman system Inst ) 10 days , easy days ! Over at 28 Engr Regt , were starting in unit Trg . so every one will be Trained up ! As for , B1 / Rsi , I´m in contact with Minley , at present the new B1 is about the same as Adv sig s ,RSI should be the same as BSI ,but not heard anything back yet . Hope this helps .
  4. it is a sh1te cse anyway M_S so you are not missing much.
  5. True . sat in a iso container in front of a computer , getting loads of input about lan , wan . adr + , does ya head in ! and I´ve got to teach it :-(
  6. Cheers for the input. I guess I'll just have to suck it and see when I return to the beautiful Corps. If it means doing the new B1 and BSI courses at CTW, then at the very least, I'll be able to sample the delights of Camberly and Fleet once more. And of course, that wonderful Gib Bks cookhouse, minus the hippocrockaswampdonkey that used to work there. RIP. :D
  7. Do you want a laugh?
    Waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1986 when I was a sprog on my class 3 sigs.....we talked about this super new computerised communications system called.....wait for it......BOWMAN!

Here I am, 22 years later, just about to leave, and they still havnt got their shat together!