Bowman concerns!

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Doogonk, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The ongoing uplift of Bowman has got me really concerned! When I asked my line manager to clarify the situation he assured me that ALL Bowman equipment was scheduled for upgrade.

Now I’m worried! I’ve identified a number of areas that I believe have been overlooked by those carrying out this “scheduling”! I mean…. nobody has contacted me with regards to my mouse mat!!!!! It has Bowman written on it…. surely it needs some kind of uplift. And what about my jacket? That has a Bowman logo embroidered upon it. Do I need to send it off for some kind of elbow patch upgrade?

Have I been let down by the MOD here or (gasp), has the Government dropped the ball again? Should I hi-light these oversights up the chain or just eat my mouse mat and be done with it?

Any guidance would be appreciated. The jacket is no longer a concern as (with the clever use of Tippex and a black marker), I have changed the logo to read “Bummer”, which people have told me reflects my personality a treat.

Is nobody else concerned?

Hat.... check! Coat.... check.... TAXI! 8O
  2. I see they haven't upgraded the batteries so that you don't have to send them away (at great expense!) for recovery from "deep-discharge"... funny how I've never had to do that with a Li-ion mobile phone battery...

Then again, I have the option of telling Nokia et al to feck off if there technology is inferior... GD pretty much have the MoD over a barrel here.

Procurement, eh? Whoever signed that contract needs a slap.