• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Bowman and Manning changes

Hello to all you Rad Ops out there!! I was just wondering what others thought of the Bowman manning changes.. I mean you work all those years to get yourself in charge of a Troop then along comes Bowman. All of a sudden the Troop Staffy finds himself with an RSWO to watch over him!! lolol... I know this isnt a Corps wide thing however Im sure its getting that way!! I also see the the Pro's with opening more posts leading to better promotion prospects but really is it all needed? I dunno.. what about anyone else?

So that’s an additional 12 WO2 appointments within the Dvr Rad Op Trade and still only one WO1. The RAMC should stand by for an influx of LE Commission applicants. The RLC should brace itself for an exodus.

Ford_Prefect said:
So that’s an additional 12 WO2 appointments within the Dvr Rad Op Trade and still only one WO1. The RAMC should stand by for an influx of LE Commission applicants. The RLC should brace itself for an exodus.

Exodus is a bit strong! But made me smile anyway!

or, due to their dual trade (and outstanding natural ability!?!), they'll pick up on the driver board and become RSMs. the trogs'll love that!

Doesn't there seem to be a lack of radio operator activity on here.maybe the RSWOs are working there staffs to much.

Doesn't there seem to be a lack of radio operator activity on here.maybe the RSWOs are working there staffys to much.

DOG_LALS said:
BaggyInBlack said:
DOG_LALS said:
OOOPs spelt it wrong.
Edit it then!
Baggy shut your trap just because your a so called expert in "life" and now moved to the dark side dont make you right. :evil:
You're, not your and don't, not dont ;-)

The dark side is a lot easier.......they deserve the lower band. Just chillin now so don't get worked up :twisted:

Baggy,

If you are going to attempt to correct the grammar of others, please ensure that you know what you are talking about.
The spelling of 'your' is correct. Your proposal would mean 'you are' which would be completely out of context. Lesson over. Don't let it happen again.

Bellthrob said:
Baggy,

My apologies. Have re read the posting. I will now teach myself a lesson.
Yes...spank yerself mad lol. Correcting Grammer for wind up only...I have no real cause to do it for real....I have to spell check like mad and re-read everything 50 times normally lol.

BaggyInBlack said:
Bellthrob said:
Baggy,

Yes...spank yerself mad lol. Correcting Grammer for wind up only...I have no real cause to do it for real....I have to spell check like mad and re-read everything 50 times normally lol.
No change there baggy me lad .How is ones singing going, is one hitting ones notes. :D :D :D :D :D

DOG_LALS said:
BaggyInBlack said:
Bellthrob said:
Baggy,

No change there baggy me lad .How is ones singing going, is one hitting ones notes. :D :D :D :D :D
Ones notes had to fall as a posting away sorted that out. Pity. That band was good craic.

Well this thread has degenerated quickly. To get back on topic:

Ref Bowman: with the Corps being 100 DE Capts short and also only commissioning from WO1 how’s about tying certain Regt's RSO appointment to WO1 Dvr / Rad Op? This will allow a more balanced career pyramid for Rad Ops (there is currently only one WO1) and let’s face it; RSO will never have parity to Regt Ops Officer or the CO's chief fluffer. Why deny the Staff the lower end of the top third of mid /snr DE Capts to get them to do a job that 12 months ago a Lieutenant was doing.

Rumour has it that some TA units will have Reg WO1 Rad Ops as RSO. Hope it comes true to open more posts for us.