Bowman and cancer

Then why do radio waves still physically affect people?
It has been the subject of intense study for at least 50 years. There are many, many papers on it. If you are genuinely interested, I would suggest researching them rather than going on someone posting hazy recollections on a forum.

It has been the subject of intense study for at least 50 years. There are many, many papers on it. If you are genuinely interested, I would suggest researching them rather than going on someone posting hazy recollections on a forum.

No thanks, I had a bleep for that wiggly amp stuff. Although I do find radiography interesting.

I seem to remember it took a long time and court cases for it to be accepted that mesolithemia is caused by asbestos.

Some things you may wish to consider:

Radio waves do have some affects on the human body, this is known and is the reason why mitigation has to be in place such as shielding and safe distances.

X-Rays are known to cause certain cancers. X-Rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Radio waves are also part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

We shouldn’t just dismiss things.
Saying X-rays are like Radio waves because they are on the same spectrum is like saying an amoeba might rip your head off because it's an animal and so are lions.

You should absolutely dismiss things that are shown to be impossible, or at least exceptionally unlikely based on the evidence. Otherwise you would never be able to do anything, because something may happen. Are you going to avoid drinking water because it might give you cancer? There is no evidence to suggest so, but you never know...

endure

GCM
Then why do radio waves still physically affect people?
Radio waves at the frequencies we're talking about and of sufficient power have a heating effect. They're used in diathermy.

It's also true that grabbing hold of an antenna can kill you but that's because it has hundreds/thousands of volts on it and can supply enough current to screw the heart up.

Cancer is caused by cells going wild and to do that you need to alter their DNA. To do that you need waves that have sufficient quantum energy to ionize them. Ionizing radiation only starts at the high end of the spectrum with x-rays and gamma rays.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I seem to remember it took a long time and court cases for it to be accepted that mesolithemia is caused by asbestos.

Some things you may wish to consider:

Radio waves do have some affects on the human body, this is known and is the reason why mitigation has to be in place such as shielding and safe distances.

X-Rays are known to cause certain cancers. X-Rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Radio waves are also part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

We shouldn’t just dismiss things.

The first recorded use of asbestos was around 2500Bc

The romans were aware that inhaling asbestos fibres was dangerous and those who mined or worked it died early from respiratory conditions, but they still used it for diverse items such as lamp wicks and napkins.

It took a long time before it would be banned in the UK due to the colossal profits it could generate and it's amazing properties.

it's still mined and used in massive quantities (in forward and progressive countries like Russia and China) despite it's well know and published hazards

Saying X-rays are like Radio waves because they are on the same spectrum is like saying an amoeba might rip your head off because it's an animal and so are lions.

You should absolutely dismiss things that are shown to be impossible, or at least exceptionally unlikely based on the evidence. Otherwise you would never be able to do anything, because something may happen. Are you going to avoid drinking water because it might give you cancer? There is no evidence to suggest so, but you never know...
Oxygen can be toxic too but we can't live without it. On a side note we need to be aware of FUD efforts too, which can catch out the unwary. Some of these were seeded years ago.

triskele

Clanker
Interesting, when we RAS'd a warship it was important their fire control radars were not transmitting, otherwise all our fire detectors went off, those that charge a smoke particle so the detector head can signal. The radar would trigger the detectors direct

Interesting, when we RAS'd a warship it was important their fire control radars were not transmitting, otherwise all our fire detectors went off, those that charge a smoke particle so the detector head can signal. The radar would trigger the detectors direct
Different beast to a comms antenna.

Directed and much higher power. Like the difference between pouring a litre of water from a jug or pushing it through a jet washer.

And when I worked for GMP in the late 80's it was known that if you keyed your radio while giving someone a roadside breath test it would cause a false positive test. That didn't cause cancer either

Really? Try using an HF C12 or C13 which will light up an unconnected fluorescent tube light from 8 ft away. If you touch the Antenna while transmitting it can kill you. And let's not talk about microwaves.
I think you may need some revision on microwaves and what they are used in.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's true. Of all of my mates who have died the single factor between all of them is that they all consumed tap water. Let's face it. Everyone who drinks tap water dies. Some sooner than others. Tap water is poison.

endure

GCM
Really? Try using an HF C12 or C13 which will light up an unconnected fluorescent tube light from 8 ft away. If you touch the Antenna while transmitting it can kill you. And let's not talk about microwaves.
Are you talking about those containers in everybody's kitchen that have, if you look very carefully, traps all around the door that short circuit any naughty wave that tries to escape or are you talking about the generality of 'microwaves' that make nanny quake in her boots?

Latest Threads