Bovington Tankies Museum

Discussion in 'RAC' started by StumpyHussar, Nov 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I realise that there might be some tankies on this forum (equal oppertunities and all that) but does it p*ss anyone else off when going to Bovvey to see their smelly badge everywhere? Even the poor dummies are mostly cald in their peoples cavalry black crap and they have no choice. Concerned of a the real cavalry. :(

2. Just remember that the Boy Scouts were formed before the RTR. If you ain't Cav, You ain't.

3. I understand your concern. Thing is that the musuem depends on donations of kit and strangely enough, it is more difficult to obtain uniforms and combats tahn most things. So if you want to see more badges in the display, donate some combats or boots, head dress etc. The Curator is very wilco and always on the scrounge for 'individual' issue items. Can you believe that they have to purchase some of these items from surplus stores to make up displays.

Being accross the road from the Peoples Cav obviously has it's advantages.

You point is well made. would be great to see some items from other regts PRI stock for sale in the museum shop, although the actual PRI shop , just up the road does sell regt polo shirts, rugby shirts, regt badges and stable belts etc and might not see the value in it.

If you have any kit from recent ops that has Cav badges, give them a call.

4. Whatever.

T*at.

5. Whatever, you're tinnies.

And tankieboy - who the ferk are you :wink:

6. Ferking pink hat.

:lol:

7. Here, here tankieboy.....BIG UP THE M.I.B
    We may not be cavalry, but we're obviously more trusted than they are as we were the first to use big willie (Hence the cap badge) and we were joint 1st to get CR2.....
    [/img]

8. Hey,Hey,Hey!!! Lets not allow this to become a mud slinging match :lol: :lol: :lol: . Pride has it´s place. Pride belongs to the Tankies (Real Tankies, there is only one type) the ones who fashioned Tank warfare. Back when was it? WWI, that´s it! Those daring young men who gave us small victories such as Cambrai. Where were you wallopers then? Obviously not following up to exploit the success of a huge hole in the German line.
    Yet after constant annihalation at the hands of the RTR, you still insist you are better (for we are only peoples cavalry). Read up young men of the dashing cavalry. Do not quote histories of battles that you galloped in on "You are Tankies now", instead quote histories that you have fought TANKS in.

Fear Naught

9. Oh dear God, what have you started?

10. The "CAV" do like to go on about their history, but who can tell?it's all hearsay!
    The RTR's history may be short, but at least it's proven, it's on film!

11. Well said that man :D :D :D

12. Hmmm repeat after me GAS GAS GAS :roll:

13. The very very very very first item in any plan ( well nearly ) is the tank threat; so they get killed first.

Tommy cookers and all that stuff.