bounty

more like after 5 tours!

the_merchant_of_venice said:
I heard a rumour somewhere that bounty is to be tripled? any thoughts or other info on this? so hence nearly £6k tax free after five years?
hahahahahaha.

Is this a wah?

Here's an idea...

The bounty concept is retired and the money used to pay anyone 'improving' themselves a larger-than-bounty lump sum, ie passing CIC or getting promoted. Officers woudl not qualify for this scheme because they're well motivated anyway.

The net effect is that a TA soldier could make a lot of money in the first few years and this would aid retention by getting them over the 18 month hurdle and thus more likely to stay in.

Do you think that this would work?

In your own time, GO ON!

[Sticky dives to the floor of the fire trench and makes like a hedgehog]

Billy_Prior said:
to get your bounty you have to pass your ITD's.
is that right?
To get your bounty you must do 27 days, 14 of which must be an annual camp or course in leu(sp).

You must attempt your ITD's not actually pass them. To be "fit for role", you need to pass the important ones:- APWT, CFT, ect,ect.
To be honest, if you don't pass them then something is wrong, personal pride should push you enough.

Just to go off thread here, does anyone know if you qualify for your ITD's if you attended a Junior commanders course?

devilish said:
does anyone know if you qualify for your ITD's if you attended a Junior commanders course?
Did you do them on the course?

msr

Well, sort of. We covered first aid stuff, weapons, NBC the usual stuff you get on these courses. The thing is, they were a completely different format to my units ITD's.

devilish said:
Billy_Prior said:
to get your bounty you have to pass your ITD's.
is that right?
To get your bounty you must do 27 days, 14 of which must be an annual camp or course in leu(sp).

You must attempt your ITD's not actually pass them. To be "fit for role", you need to pass the important ones:- APWT, CFT, ect,ect.
To be honest, if you don't pass them then something is wrong, personal pride should push you enough.

Just to go off thread here, does anyone know if you qualify for your ITD's if you attended a Junior commanders course?
cheers for that.
how long is the CFT again?

Is this a WAH? OK, I'll bite, 4 miles in 58 mins.

^At least when you do the 8 miler, you actually feel as though you achieved something by the end of it.

devilish said:
^At least when you do the 8 miler, you actually feel as though you achieved something by the end of it.
6 miles next year, then the full 8 if soldiers can do it?We can only dream of such a world,could be on the cards though. Be good 'cause as you say it feels like you've done something slightly more challenging than walking back from Tesco's with a couple of bags of shopping :D

frenchie said:
devilish said:
6 miles next year, then the full 8 if soldiers can do it?We can only dream of such a world,could be on the cards though. Be good 'cause as you say it feels like you've done something slightly more challenging than walking back from Tesco's with a couple of bags of shopping :D
Spot on Frenchie, my unit better get a bigger biff wagon to follow us round. :lol:

Christ,it won't be the only one. I'm totally fixated by all the possible changes next year and what it will mean for the TA, especially the fitness related ones.
I'll eat my craphat if they triple my bounty, they can barely pay it in on time as it is!!
Still we live in hope,eh?

How much of this rumour is based in fact? To be honest, this is the first I've heard of it. Triple bounty, jesus, that would be nice.

It can't be taxed, as it is a gift from the Queen and they are Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Taxes.

That's why it is tax free.

msr

Fcuk my old boots. That's a great idea. But how much of it is based on fact? Is it a duty rumour or are the higher echlons talking about it too?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Army Reserve 14
I Army Reserve 6
E The Intelligence Cell 16