Bounty

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by frenchie75017, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I transferred to the TA in March 2009 after having been in a UOTC since September 2004. I passed my MOD 2 in December 2005, thus making me a trained soldier.
    I've just completed my MATTs for this training year. My issue is that I am being told I only qualify for a first year TA bounty even though I have been in the TA since 2004 and a trained soldier since 2006.
    Although I do realise that I wasn't Group A, I did put in a lot of work and took part in several TA and Regular exercises during that time. One argument being sent my way is that I couldn't be mobilised as a Group B soldier, but even as a Group A I cannot be as I am currently in full time education.
    If anyone has any clue as to what constitutes being in the TA and if I do indeed only qualify for a first year bounty, I would be very grateful.

Yours aye.

2. Fixed it for you

3. As MSR would say - speak to your PSI :)

4. Alas, it is correct. There's a tiny footnote in TA Regs that states University Service does not count towards bounty on transfer to a Group A unit.. Can't remember the exact reference but I shall find it and post it.

5. msr

msr LE

The OTC training year commences on 1 October each year. Additional training may be carried out voluntarily. Regulations governing the payment of bounty for those who transfer from the OTC Group B to Group A units on completion of the OTC training year are at JSP 754, Chapter 4, Section 5. This paragraph does not apply to OTC officer cadets of the Held Strength (Unpaid) Category (see Annex H/5).

6. Ah, its actually in JSP 754;

Previous Service

Footnote states - Service as a University Cadet does not count towards full training commitment bounties

--