Bounty!! why oh why!!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by evilone, Apr 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that we seem incappable of administrating our Soldiers?? In all of my time back in the forces we can never pay people when they expect or are due to be paid.
    Does any body have the DS answer on Bounty pay? When is it due? Is there a run date? Shoulod Soldiers expect it on the 1st April?
    PSAO's never want to answer this, niether will APC. I have Soldiers who each year depend on this money, I know they should not as it always seems to vary. Surley there is a frame work for payment??

If anyone does have an answer that will make Wed night slightly less daunting!!
    Thanks in advance.

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Never seen it on 1st April, nor ever heard of it getting to anyone else then either. Usually in within April, though.

It'll be interesting this time, as most of us were told we were excused Camp ont he grounds of a recent Op Tour. now, has anyone told Glasgow this?

3. That is a scary point to raise. All of our Telic people have had to complete 12 days to qualify!!!!!!! I would check that asap to ensure you get it at all.
    We have had major dram'a with this good luck.

4. msr

msr LE

Whoever told them that needs to have a good, hard look at themselves.

msr

5. No, that's true. Our six monther in the GIFA counted as 'a camp' (gee - thanks!). We still all had to have had a certain amount of days of 'out of camp' training to qualify for bounty. For many of the guys this meant coming in during POTL and doing bone jobs for the QM to get the days in.

Mmmmm. Don't get me started.

6. i just qualfied after some days being moved around . My own fault most weekends post x mas wer bounty test weekends and i already signed off for them due to telic . did camp but pol left little time to get weekends in fortunatly nprs and psi good blokes

7. i just qualfied after some days being moved around . My own fault most weekends post x mas wer bounty test weekends and i already signed off for them due to telic . did camp but pol left little time to get weekends in fortunatly nprs and psi good blokes

8. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, you are all absolutely right......but does anyone sniff a conspiracy amongst the "League of PSAO's" to get they Telic blokes in to do bone jobs around the place so that it comes out of the Telic budget and not unit one?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

9. And they said...."Woody mate....we don't do this for everyone, but we can get you your bounty if you go and re-paint the green-fleet, make four brews a day for the permanent staff, nip down to the chippy for us at lunch time, and do the QM runs to all the locations every day...."

You will truely have earned your medal no doubt.... 8O

10. MOBILISATION and BOUNTY - Amendments to Bounty Qualifing Rules. "LAND/Pers TA 1371-1" Gives all the info you need to know. It is the DS doc to quote to a bone PSAO. Better still ask him/her for a copy. Their face will be a picture, 8 pages of Grin Enducing Fun for the Troops!!!! Enjoy.

11. But do Glasgow have a copy???

12. Yep! They helped to write it! PSAO usual excuse" cheque in the post", "Glasgow Cock up". Quote it and see.

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Happened to an ex-Reg, now-TA bloke I knew, his OC then ensured that he wouldn't be able to make the required days !

Some people are born to cnutyness, others strive hard to attain it.
    (Having said that his OC was more fond of young men......)

14. Read Annex A. The most days you should do are 6.

15. msr

msr LE

I hope you don't get this response:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn/Forums/viewtopic/t=2881/highlight=psao.html

msr