Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jason123, May 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone out there getting their first year bounty now? If so, how much did you get? And are wages being pushed back to the 3rd as a result of bank holidays etc,

2. I'm on my first year bounty too;

From the ArmyJobs website:

1st Year £424
    2nd Year £934
    3rd and 4th Year £1,443
    5th and subsequent years £1,674

It probably took you longer to write that post than it did for me to google it and get the answer ;)
  3. Yea I got those figures too, but I got a payment of £594 into my account, so I was trying to figure out if the bounty has gone up since that article or was I paid at the same time.
  4. msr

msr LE

I would suspect it includes pay for April.

5. I only got £318 for my bounty
  6. Was the rest taken in 'tax' by your PSI?
  7. No joke, check that you haven't been taxed on that. I had my bounty taxed year before last.
  8. Thought bounty was tax free?
  9. That's the thing, its meant to be, but don't let that stop the pay people putting it through wrong!
  10. Bounty is tax free, it is also pro rata in your first year so unless you were enlisted as at 01 April 10 your first year bounty will be reduced based upon the proportion of the year you completed.
  11. I never knew it was pro rata in 1st year.
  12. Yeah it is, as I got 30% of my first year; meaning I got paid more after tax than I got from my bounty.

Oh well, £900 next year :)
  13. Do you actually have any idea of what you're talking about?
  14. Yes thank you. Having had a bounty payment taxed a couple of years ago.
  15. Well, I'm guessing by "the pay people" you mean your admin staff? Who have no control over if a JPA element entry is taxable or not o_O

If you're talking about SPVA (ie JPA), then meh, yes they're shit but I imagine that was at the introduction of JPA? If you're talking Unicom then heh, I have no idea.