Bounty, Reg2Reserve Payment & Leaving before April.

Hi!

If I leave the AR (to join another regular Service) and I've already qualified for this years Certificate of Eligibility for my Bounty & Reg2Reserve Bounty before April, will I still get the payments?

Or do you have to be a serving Reserve at 0001 hours on the 1st Apr 2020 to qualify?

If I can leave early, does anyone know the process?

Thanks

STABCROW

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why not ask the PSI in your unit?

Because the timing of my leaving hinges greatly on the result of this question. I don't want to express the willingness to leave and see myself off of certain courses I have lined up in the near future.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I hope to God that with that attitude, you're joining the RAF.

windswept398

Old-Salt
Because the timing of my leaving hinges greatly on the result of this question. I don't want to express the willingness to leave and see myself off of certain courses I have lined up in the near future.
Man up. Make you intentions known, and let some decent lads who are going the distance get your place on those courses.

So you're looking to use the AR for totally selfish reasons, and block a bloke from going on a course that will leave you benefitting, but not the AR?

Jack.

Thanks for all the replies from those who quite obviously don't know the answer.

The course I am doing is a Regular course, which no-one else in the unit is qualified to get on. The Army has moved on a bit from queues of blokes waiting to do their SLR polishing course so try to keep calm gents.

It is purely a matter of MTDs being granted to someone who has made it clear they wish to move on. So don't worry, no keen Reservist who is going to "go the distance" (by that I assume you mean turn up for 27 days a year until they are 55) will get seen off.

This is the first time I've used ARRSE and you've well and truly lived up to the stigma, please feel free to go back to discussing the best methods of boot bulling and reminiscing over the BAOR, dinosaurs.

windswept398

Old-Salt
Thanks for all the replies from those who quite obviously don't know the answer.

The course I am doing is a Regular course, which no-one else in the unit is qualified to get on. The Army has moved on a bit from queues of blokes waiting to do their SLR polishing course so try to keep calm gents.

It is purely a matter of MTDs being granted to someone who has made it clear they wish to move on. So don't worry, no keen Reservist who is going to "go the distance" (by that I assume you mean turn up for 27 days a year until they are 55) will get seen off.

This is the first time I've used ARRSE and you've well and truly lived up to the stigma, please feel free to go back to discussing the best methods of boot bulling and reminiscing over the BAOR, dinosaurs.
I'm still in, retard.

Just_plain_you

War Hero
A course which requires you to change service. Sounds intriguing.

Fcek off, stab. You're going to fit in so well in the Regs with that attitude.

Fcek off, stab. You're going to fit in so well in the Regs with that attitude.
I really don't see what's wrong with the AR paying me for attending a course that the Regulars would put me through anyway. STABs are the first to push the "one army" concept.

You are all just coming across as pointlessly aggressive. If anyone knows the answer but doesn't want to lose face amongst the esteemed community of ARRSE then a PM would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I really don't see what's wrong with the AR paying me for attending a course that the Regulars would put me through anyway. STABs are the first to push the "one army" concept.

You are all just coming across as pointlessly aggressive. If anyone knows the answer but doesn't want to lose face amongst the esteemed community of ARRSE then a PM would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
A sh*gging creep too. Your SSM is going to lurve you, real long time.

Rooper

War Hero
To answer your question; assuming you have qualified for your CoE this can be paid to you prior to leaving however you will only receive a part year bounty pro-rata to the days you have served within the TY.

As for the R2R Commitment Bonus, there is no clear guidance other than 'on receipt of the first/second/third Annual Certificate of Efficiency'. Personally I would pay it when actioning the CoE.

Thanks Rooper.

Pro-Rata based on the training year or the days trained?

For example if I had completed 27 days by May, but leave this month would I get the full bounty or 3/4 bounty due to leaving 3/4 through the year?

That last bit was interest only really, 3/4 Bounty would be just fine - just didn't want to lose the whole thing by leaving pre-April.

Thanks again.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm retired and not AR and even I know it's no longer MTD's but RSD's as Defence moves away from gender specific language.

Rooper

War Hero
Thanks Rooper.

Pro-Rata based on the training year or the days trained?

For example if I had completed 27 days by May, but leave this month would I get the full bounty or 3/4 bounty due to leaving 3/4 through the year?
Pro-rata by the number of months you have served within that year; leaving in Jan 2020 would mean 9/12 of the full bounty as an example.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skymacuk Army Reserve 4
Mrsheeny Army Reserve 3
A Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment 31

Latest Threads