Bounty goes up for introductions...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hansvonhealing, Jun 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

''Soldiers to get £1,300 for signing up a friend
    By Michael Evans, Defence Editor

ARMY chiefs have doubled the bounty on offer to soldiers who persuade friends to join up for frontline duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.''

Can just imagine some Squaddie laboriously writing in the 'Lonely Hearts' forum, 'lonely soldier seeks someone thinking of joining the Army - either sex OK....'
  2. I have heard from a friend that the rejoining bonus is motivating soldiers to sign off in order to undertake a long holiday, perhaps in the sandpit with one of the security companies, and then sign back on. The bonus is a nice little extra!

Frankly, I find that hard to believe but my friend works in the security business providing skilled muscle in Iraq, drives a lovely Merc and is very happy!

3. It's called the Law of Unintended Consequences and it is the strongest force in the Universe. Honest.
  4. A picture of the Bounty going up.

Can't see how it will help recruitment.
  5. Hmmm............Ah well, could have been worse, 'mistersoft' could have thought of 3 Para mortars showing us how to 'put a bounty up'.