Bounty...A taste of paradise?

Anybody else found they have a deduction of £40 instead of their bounty?

I contacted JPA (after the initial panic had gone) and they tell me its an error that will be put right tomorrow. Payment in full should be made but I've to call back tomorrow if there are any problems, any guesses as to what will happen?

My money (quite literally) is on - No sign of the bounty, no answer on the JPAC enquiry line...

hmmm how did you find that out since we have no access to pay statements yet?

If you've got stuff like that - it means your staff have fucked up I'm afraid.

SPVA have discovered a large number of input errors, relating to the correction, deletion or updating of Certificate Of Efficiency (COE) elements.

SPVA and Service Focal Points have undertaken a considerable amount of work to rectify erroneous entries, where units have not since rectified the errors or where the elements remained in an incorrect state.

The erroneous entries resulted in the early payments of 2008 Reservist Bounties, payments of the difference between 2007 and 2008 Reservist Bounties or deductions of 2007 Reservist Bounties in Mar 08.

The errors cover several scenarios. Units should be aware that due to payroll priority scheduling those corrected Reservist Bounties detailed above will be recovered or repaid in Apr 08. Where corrective action has been taken, it will not be possible to pay 2008 Reservist Bounties until May 08. (COE’s entered correctly will not be affected

sadsacks said:
Armynet has had Aprils pay statements for the last few days.

sadsacks said:
Checked on JPA.

ahhhhhhhhhh redfox my april pay slip is up and all is ok with that. i thought you meant it was on mays statement or something similar!!!!!!

apologies for being a mlaaaarrrrrr

April's statements are on AN? Great!

As regards the Bounty element , oh dear , going to be living in interesting times tonight :(

kingburn_99 said:
redsquirrel said:
sadsacks said:
Checked on JPA.
you mean to say that you know how it works!?
I wish! I certainly know how some of it works, at least, as opposed to the JPAC who seem to be totally clueless!

Sadsacks,

No probs - makes a change from me!

Further to my last, ladies and gents...Checked JPA first thing this morning and unsuprisingly, no sign of the promised pay run. No bounty, nada, nichts, zip. So I rang the enquiry line which took a while to get through because all their operators were busy. Again no startling revelations there! Here, for those who may be concerned is the lastest excuse:

'It was a problem caused by your unit AO who has input your pay amount details incorrectly. We (JPAC) can't fix it, it has to come from your unit. Once they input the correct details, we can pay you. But, it may take a few days to hit your bank'

Now, I know my unit AO and that person has never made a mistake before. So I asked, if they had made an error, why had the same thing happened to people who are not in my unit?

'I cant answer that' was the reply...

Further more, I asked, why was I told that it would be sorted today with a new pay run that would appear on JPA and be in my bank.

'I cant answer that, its a problem at your unit'

Apparently, 'a supervisor' will ring me later and explian it...watch this space!

And finally, folks...

The bad news!
The £40 payment and subsequent deduction refers to the difference between last year's bounty and this year's and was an input error on JPA. At the time the error was made, everybody should have actually recieved their full bounty. JPAC insist it wasn't their error but my AO's instead (which doesn't really explain why people in other units have the same problem), therefore JPAC are unwilling and unable to rectify the issue as they see it as someone else's problem!

The really bad news! If you have this erroneous entry on your payslip, it is unlikely you will get your bounty before the end of this month, in fact, it is more likely you'll get it next month!

I bet the CFA won't hear about all this on his visits next week!

charlotte-the-harlot said:
My bounty was paid......£10......and they say the TA do it for the money.....I will be making some heated enquiries!
Getting paid what your worth :wink:

redsquirrel said:
And finally, folks...

The bad news!
The £40 payment and subsequent deduction refers to the difference between last year's bounty and this year's and was an input error on JPA. At the time the error was made, everybody should have actually recieved their full bounty. JPAC insist it wasn't their error but my AO's instead (which doesn't really explain why people in other units have the same problem), therefore JPAC are unwilling and unable to rectify the issue as they see it as someone else's problem!

The really bad news! If you have this erroneous entry on your payslip, it is unlikely you will get your bounty before the end of this month, in fact, it is more likely you'll get it next month!

I bet the CFA won't hear about all this on his visits next week!

See my post earlier;

SPVA have discovered a large number of input errors, relating to the correction, deletion or updating of Certificate Of Efficiency (COE) elements.

SPVA and Service Focal Points have undertaken a considerable amount of work to rectify erroneous entries, where units have not since rectified the errors or where the elements remained in an incorrect state.

The erroneous entries resulted in the early payments of 2008 Reservist Bounties, payments of the difference between 2007 and 2008 Reservist Bounties or deductions of 2007 Reservist Bounties in Mar 08.

The errors cover several scenarios. Units should be aware that due to payroll priority scheduling those corrected Reservist Bounties detailed above will be recovered or repaid in Apr 08. Where corrective action has been taken, it will not be possible to pay 2008 Reservist Bounties until May 08. (COE’s entered correctly will not be affected
It is your AOs fault - hence why its happened to other units - they did the same thing (ie not date tracked properly/etc) there were instructions issued (certainly in this bde) to correct the problem

As several of us found out last night. Duty rumour is an extraordinary pay run. I doubt that . End of May if lucky, and assuming the JPA computer doesn't say 'no' again.

EPIC form? That will do nicely.

It is your AOs fault - hence why its happened to other units - they did the same thing (ie not date tracked properly/etc) there were instructions issued (certainly in this bde) to correct the problem
Mongoose, are you sure about that? Then why are only certain individuals affected, as opposed to the whole unit, they're all inputted the same, and at the same time.

I saw another JPAC notification last night, can't remember the wording, but it was an advisory to AO's not to try and circumvent the system to get Bounties paid.

OK,,I'll rub some salt into those wounds, I got mine, and my back pay from Aug 07, and my HDT arrears and my increment too...all in one hit... :D

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Army Pay, Claims & JPA 5
C Royal Signals 0
T Army Pay, Claims & JPA 1