Bounties - JPA bites again

Just heard today, that due to yet another inadequacy with JPA bounties will not be paid till 1st May. If true, this system is beyond belief!

That will preserve your liver for another month

JPA ALL THE WAY.....The computer says no

The Gobmint needs to hold onto it for as long as poss in order to get the interest to fund Northern Rock. Why? Because all the big Unions have their pension funds invested there and Mr Broon could not let his Comrades down.

The_Duke

LE
No win is there?

If you want it paid in April then it has to be processed in the March Pay run. That would mean that you would have had to have completed all MATTs well prior to that in order for the admin staff to process them onto JPA to obtain the efficiency cert. You would then have people complaining that they did not have the full opportunity to earn their bounty in the 2007 - 2008 training year.

If you allow the full training year to earn the bounty, then it cannot be processed until after the end of March, and it is therefore processed in April for payment in May.

Oh well. At least I'll still have something to spend on beer at the Army Navy! Got to look on the bright side.

It's still a shite system.

The_Duke said:
No win is there?

If you want it paid in April then it has to be processed in the March Pay run. That would mean that you would have had to have completed all MATTs well prior to that in order for the admin staff to process them onto JPA to obtain the efficiency cert. You would then have people complaining that they did not have the full opportunity to earn their bounty in the 2007 - 2008 training year.

If you allow the full training year to earn the bounty, then it cannot be processed until after the end of March, and it is therefore processed in April for payment in May.
The_Duke, I'm beginning to suspect you are a government plant! As for pay runs etc why can't all those qualified by 20th March get it in April then?

WhiteHorse said:
The_Duke said:
No win is there?

The_Duke, I'm beginning to suspect you are a government plant! As for pay runs etc why can't all those qualified by 20th March get it in April then?
Because they don't just sit about waiting for each TA Gadgey to finish. It is about cost effectiveness and only having to do it once.

BadUn said:
WhiteHorse said:
The_Duke said:
No win is there?

Because they don't just sit about waiting for each TA Gadgey to finish. It is about cost effectiveness and only having to do it once.
Firstly, what's a Gadgey? Secondly, isn't that the point of JPA its a computer you input it for each individual just like a pay entry, just like they do every month.

Yep. Its the 1st May as long as you get picked up in the first batch, we still have some waiting for last years.

JPA the way ahead. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Its the 1st May as long as you get picked up in the first batch, we still have some waiting for last years.

JPA the way ahead. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not quite sure why people would be still waiting? I had to do a bounty for someone that had their training year extended, they got it September..wasn't a major drama to process..

same old same old. Just more proof of how shite the system's getting. Oh well have reschedule getting the Ferrari.

The_Duke

LE
WhiteHorse said:
BadUn said:
WhiteHorse said:
The_Duke said:
No win is there?

Firstly, what's a Gadgey? Secondly, isn't that the point of JPA its a computer you input it for each individual just like a pay entry, just like they do every month.
WhiteHorse, I am not a government plant. I do however have a basic understanding of the leg work entailed in processing the MATT details onto JPA, and then the pay runs. Our SPSI is currently spending an average of 45 minutes per soldier to process the MATT details. Once all processed, they go to the SPSI for pay work.

A Coy of 90 pax x 45 minutes per person = 67.5 hours of work to enter MATTs alone. Hopefully next year we will be able to do it as each MATT is passed, but for this year it has had to be a job lot.

Whinge all you like (and people on here certainly make the most of that priviledge) but those are your options. Full year to the end of March, or Pay in May. If you want Bounty in April 2009, you should be willing to only have an 11 month training year next year to allow the admin to catch up.

Of course, you would then whinge about that as well!

The_Duke said:
WhiteHorse said:
BadUn said:
WhiteHorse said:
The_Duke said:
No win is there?

WhiteHorse, I am not a government plant. I do however have a basic understanding of the leg work entailed in processing the MATT details onto JPA, and then the pay runs. Our SPSI is currently spending an average of 45 minutes per soldier to process the MATT details. Once all processed, they go to the SPSI for pay work.

A Coy of 90 pax x 45 minutes per person = 67.5 hours of work to enter MATTs alone. Hopefully next year we will be able to do it as each MATT is passed, but for this year it has had to be a job lot.

Whinge all you like (and people on here certainly make the most of that priviledge) but those are your options. Full year to the end of March, or Pay in May. If you want Bounty in April 2009, you should be willing to only have an 11 month training year next year to allow the admin to catch up.

Of course, you would then whinge about that as well!
Well said the duke and to back up your info about the entering of MATTs data, in the past out unit had a spreadsheet that they updated, well copy and pasted the dates when a MATT was pased across the board. Come JPA they now need to go into every single soldiers JPA record and update his JPA details for the respective MATT. This new system came in mid way through the year and I saw my PSI after he had done the Coys and to say he looked skull-fecked would be an understatement. After Nov 07 they were then able to add each MATT as and when it was completed unfortunetly it was the later end of 2007 so most had past their MATTs.
But just for double entry we still maintain the spreadsheet for notice boards and also for records.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just remember JPA stands for Just Pis s-em Around.

Whitehorse - translation of gadgey = geezer, chap, bloke or whatever slang you use.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wg100 Army Reserve 34
brettarider Army Reserve 46
Acid_Tin Army Reserve 26