Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by winsley, Jul 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hia
    I've just started training again to get back to full fittness, after been sick with a cold injury. been told i can get "iseued" lowa ccombats by the MO, just wondering if this is true. and if so how i go about getting them?
  2. You should learn to spell bots first.

As for issued lowas.. never heard of that. Pro-Boots maybe.

T C
  3. onOne question have you ever had frost nip. If you had you wouldn't think it was freeloading kit.
  4. Still a chod then Winsley?
    Frost nip is usually the result of poor personal admin. Let me guess, your feet got wet and you coudn't be ar$ed to change your socks for 72hrs. :roll:
  5. A few guys i know were issued han-wag boots for footproblems but im not sure if this differs from reg to reg.
  6. Frost Nip?

Self inflicted surely, by poor admin, esp if it got so bad as you needed medical attention.

Never had it myself, despite a quick stint in Norway. Not to mention a tour down south and a bit of time in the Antarctic and just a few tours in the Balkans, Brrr Brass Monkeys.

But I digress.

Lowa bots (or boots) ARE available through the system. If you need them the Med Centre should be arranging them. If they aren't then I rather think you don't need them.

If the MO says you can get them, he should be directing you to someone who can sort it, or at the very least writing you a chitty of pity.

Ask him, or at a push the Medical Sgt (aka Practice Manager). Either should be able to help. Normally they are bought direct, rather than ordered through the system.