Bosnia Photos, mainly Grapple 2, some Grapple 1.

I'm not sure if Bosnia qualifies for Old and Bold, though it certainly feels a lifetime ago.
I was trawling the net yesterday and came across this site, high quality photos taken by an American journalist, called James Mason:

The Brits in Vitez Photo Gallery by James Mason at pbase.com

Brings the memories straight back.

His other albums include Mostar, Croatia, Sarajevo etc and his dad's photos in a US medical unit in WW2. He is not optimistic about the future of the Balkans.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I was there on Grapple 2 and I had that video on a VHS. I even copied it for others. Then I lost it and never thought I'd see it again. Thanks.

You're welcome. The chunky Cpl was the first NCO ever to win a Military Cross.

Just spotted my wagon at about 6:17 on OP Slaven at Turbe.

I'm not sure if Bosnia qualifies for Old and Bold, though it certainly feels a lifetime ago.
I was trawling the net yesterday and came across this site, high quality photos taken by an American journalist, called James Mason:

The Brits in Vitez Photo Gallery by James Mason at pbase.com

Brings the memories straight back.

His other albums include Mostar, Croatia, Sarajevo etc and his dad's photos in a US medical unit in WW2. He is not optimistic about the future of the Balkans.
Belatedly, thanks - I enjoyed going through those photos. Worth a browse for anyone who was there around that time.