Bosnia Photos, mainly Grapple 2, some Grapple 1.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm not sure if Bosnia qualifies for Old and Bold, though it certainly feels a lifetime ago.
I was trawling the net yesterday and came across this site, high quality photos taken by an American journalist, called James Mason:

The Brits in Vitez Photo Gallery by James Mason at pbase.com

Brings the memories straight back.

His other albums include Mostar, Croatia, Sarajevo etc and his dad's photos in a US medical unit in WW2. He is not optimistic about the future of the Balkans.

Last edited:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Haven't seen this link before for Grapple 2. My room-mate had the ITV channel and I was BBC. This is the ITV feed:

Dropbox - 8455.mp4

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Holy crap, I was there on Grapple 2 and I had that video on a VHS. I even copied it for others. Then I lost it and never thought I'd see it again. Thanks.

You're welcome. The chunky Cpl was the first NCO ever to win a Military Cross.

Just spotted my wagon at about 6:17 on OP Slaven at Turbe.

Donny

ADC
I'm not sure if Bosnia qualifies for Old and Bold, though it certainly feels a lifetime ago.
I was trawling the net yesterday and came across this site, high quality photos taken by an American journalist, called James Mason:

The Brits in Vitez Photo Gallery by James Mason at pbase.com

Brings the memories straight back.

His other albums include Mostar, Croatia, Sarajevo etc and his dad's photos in a US medical unit in WW2. He is not optimistic about the future of the Balkans.
Belatedly, thanks - I enjoyed going through those photos. Worth a browse for anyone who was there around that time.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I see Peter Howson (ex ranker in the Black Watch, I seem to remember) is re-visiting his ghosts. My fellow Coy Comd and I took him out on a number of visits around Vitez in the summer of 1993. He didn't like what he saw and soon left. His art reminds me of Hieronymus Bosch.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
An interesting insight from some of our very young 'terps in 1993:

Latest Threads