Bosnia maybe about to kick off again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pandaplodder, Nov 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I caught a comment made by Michael Portillo on the BBC Political programme THIS WEEK last night, that he had a recent conversation with Paddy Ashdown who is in the opinion that things are going downhill in the region again, and it maybe be necessary to send troops in again to stop ethnic cleansing.
  2. Oh good, I was too young the first time round. Finally somewhere I can wear all the Green DPM that hasn't had an airing in a while.
  3. And these troops are coming from where?
  4. Send the cadets in?
  5. Which do you prefer Winter tours in Bos, summer in Afghan....

Winter tours in afghan an dsummer in bos?

I like the idea of skiing in Bos in the winter.
  6. *trumpet calls*

EU deployment certifies its need for existence
  7. It's something that's been known for a while, heard this in the summer on the grapevine around camp. As if we're not already busy enough, the Paddys are getting lairy again and then there's the Somalia question! About time some of our European Brothers (glares at Spain who are doing feck all) take some of the burden!
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Spain are too busy bombing up for Gibralta at the moment. :wink:
  9. Absolute poppycock, I'm really surprised Paddy Ashdown would come out with such rumour mongering drivel... Bosnia is about as close to 'kicking off again' as Britain is to burning down the white house .... 'again'.
  10. I'm also up for that if Bos doesn't go off...
  11. As a clarification when I say heard about it, I mean the Balkans as I understand it to be Kosovo not Bos that's a bit twitchy at the minute
  12. I won't unwrap the .303 just yet then.
  13. Bosnia had the attraction of the nice facility at Split.....

and the AT package on Brac :)