Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Bosscat, Jul 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I have just returned from a family holiday to Croatia(Dubrovnik) whilst there I was suprised to learn that during the battles in the nineties that fighting had occurred that far south, anyway I have made it my mission to learn more about that period in time especially the British involvement. So can any of you please point me in the right direction as to reading material, I have already read Winter Warriors which I thought was quite good so any suggestions in a similar vein would be appreciated Thanks.
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

3. Cheers for that BL.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  4. You could do worse than watch this. As far as I know, it doesn't depict any one or thing in particular but it's VERY VERY accurate. Right down to walls being daubed with UNPROFOR SMRT. Whoever the technical advisor was is very good. Clearly ex military and clearly with extensive Balkan experience.

5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Yes, Warriors is a good drama based on the Cheshires/Light Dragoons tour on Grapple 1.
  6. Warriors is about Bosnia/Op Grapple not Croatia/Op Hanwood but I totally agree, highly recommended.
  7. I holidayed in Cavtat in 2003. There were still splash marks in and around the hotel and shrapnel sticking out the trees. There is a little peninsular adjacent full of W shaped trenches constructed of white stone.