Borstal Breakout

I saw a trailer for a new reality series starting tomorrow night on ITV. Remember Bad Lad's Army? The 1950s style Army training? And later, on, the officer and airborne versions of it. Now, it's going back even further to the 1930s for some time in borstal, and a real short, sharp shock.

Here is a nice song to get you all in the mood.

Could well be. I can remember reading a book by one of the Kray's old friends, and he said than when he was in borstal or approved school in the 50s, there were staff who used to queer up some of the boys. IIRC, some of them were monks.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I take it that Brendan Behan's "Borstal Boy" is not on the course reading list?

Is someone going to get smashed in a face with a pool ball in a sock?

If so I'll watch it

Just spent an hour biting my tongue. 12 yoofs turn up for a bit of 30's education. Bunch of spineless tossers. 1 didn't even last a day. But in his defense it was a hard day.

Then to prove his manliness 1 of them ate a bit of horse shit. Sure there are other ways to prove your hard

Nothing they did was overly hard or taxing. Is this what the yoof of today is like? 1 bloke left to get back to his weed. So far they are 1 week in to a 4 week stint and 4 have left already.

Not sure I'll be tuning in next week.

I see Billy Bunter couldn't hack it. How far did they run that first morning? He took over 16 minutes. Of course, there had to be a couple of Scouse gobshites on it, and a Southern Spice Boy to play up to the cameras.

It was hardly a punishment to get a cell you yourself. A bit of privacy to have a chug.

I bet that matron's a dirty bitch when she is out of that starched uniform.

Thats not my thing, but can't believe they have no backbone. Al they want is the easy option.
I wonder how different it would be if they couldn't leave for a set period of time. Say 7 days into the 28 programme.
Was there a lot of bum love in Borstal??

Thats not my thing, but can't believe they have no backbone. Al they want is the easy option.
I wonder how different it would be if they couldn't leave for a set period of time. Say 7 days into the 28 programme.
Was there a lot of bum love in Borstal??
Have you seen that thread with the wingy little turd in basic who's claiming having the WiFi in his block switched off is against the geneva convention?

To be honest, it is really really funny.

I take it that Brendan Behan's "Borstal Boy" is not on the course reading list?
That's a good book.

Old Brendan was quite complementary about the Borstal system, however, one does have to wonder if it was connected to his untimely demise.

IIRC and apologies for the slight thread drift, but there was a very similar programme a few years ago about the Foreign Legion and most of the participants bottled it too. Reality TV is shiite. Oops.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chrisg46 Films, Music and All Things Artsy 2
threesend The NAAFI Bar 3
SKJOLD The Intelligence Cell 10