Born After Y2K? Want To Smoke? Don't Go To Tasmania

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I suspect that it would be overturned here in about 5 minutes under human rights legislation.
  3. Great idea, banning drugs and guns was really successful at keeping them out of the hands of those that want them.

Tit's, arse etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. They obviously have yet to catch the first episode of HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" in Tasmania.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Losing £9.5 billion in excise duty is the tip of the iceberg when you consider the resources required to police the enormous black market that would inevitably spring up, and the even more ridiculous NHS bill for dealing with people who have been smoking knock off cigs.

I'm not usually a fan of taxation on health grounds, but on tobacco it really does make sense.
  6. Why don't they ever conjur up these ideas for alcohol? Why's it always fags?
  7. Growing actual tabaco could become more profitable than weed farms/factories.

Breed an entire new generation into a bit of rough shag.
  8. I like smokers (other than the smell) they pay lots of lovely tax and die young and painfully.
  9. Keep quiet you.
  10. I've a wonderful shirt that says "Smoking Is Healthier Than Fascism". I try to wear it anytime I plan on going into one of the bars around here that are covered under the city's recent smoking ban.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's against the law in most places to smoke if you're 12 yrs old.
  12. Not here:

Wherever "here" is. Probably not Tasmania, granted.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. When in doubt....

Honestly, I don't know too much about other classic Brit TV series, but this one really does have a uncannily accurate take on every single issue debated even today...guess politicians, the gov't bureaucrats and their thoughts and ideas don't really change much over the years.
  14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I don't believe it is. It's merely against the law to sell them to such people.
  15. you're probably right!
    but I was only pointing out in a tongue in cheek way that anyone born after 2000 would only be 12max.