• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Born After Y2K? Want To Smoke? Don't Go To Tasmania

Bid to ban cigarettes for anyone born after 2000

Would CMD be prepared to give up the c£9.5Billion that he currently gets in excise duty, if something similar were to be introduced here?
Losing £9.5 billion in excise duty is the tip of the iceberg when you consider the resources required to police the enormous black market that would inevitably spring up, and the even more ridiculous NHS bill for dealing with people who have been smoking knock off cigs.

I'm not usually a fan of taxation on health grounds, but on tobacco it really does make sense.

Growing actual tabaco could become more profitable than weed farms/factories.

Breed an entire new generation into a bit of rough shag.

I've a wonderful shirt that says "Smoking Is Healthier Than Fascism". I try to wear it anytime I plan on going into one of the bars around here that are covered under the city's recent smoking ban.

When in doubt....

[video=youtube;5AdVfv6ki54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AdVfv6ki54[/video]

Honestly, I don't know too much about other classic Brit TV series, but this one really does have a uncannily accurate take on every single issue debated even today...guess politicians, the gov't bureaucrats and their thoughts and ideas don't really change much over the years.

Why don't they ever conjur up these ideas for alcohol? Why's it always fags?
Oh that is next on the adgenda once tobbaco has bitten the dust.. We are already seeing warnings on bottles now & thats the start of the slippery slope.. I drink with whoever I want to & besides I dont know anyone called Moderation !! within 10 yrs it will be illegal to drink in pubs.. mark my words.

LT.

Oh that is next on the adgenda once tobbaco has bitten the dust.. We are already seeing warnings on bottles now & thats the start of the slippery slope.. I drink with whoever I want to & besides I dont know anyone called Moderation !! within 10 yrs it will be illegal to drink in pubs.. mark my words.

LT.
Then I'll just get smashed out my fucking tree and smoke 40 cigs in the comfort of my own home.

And they can just try and take the booze away from me in my home. It'll end in tears for everyone.

Latest Threads