Boris under fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSP

LE
Lord Frost, the best Tory in Parliament, says exactly what Boris needs to do in the Telegraph:
So where's the funding for services coming from if he does that? A magic money tree...??

Hmmmm - where have I heard that before...??!!!

NSP

LE
Taxation is just one half of the equation. The other half is spending, which this government did like drunken sailors during Covid.
The U.K. doesn’t have a taxation problem, it has a spending problem.
And an overpopulation problem, being exacerbated daily. I heard this morning that the weekly hotel bill now tops £5m.

D

Deleted 139028

Lord Frost, the best Tory in Parliament, says exactly what Boris needs to do in the Telegraph:
Amazing just how many people know exactly what Boris needs to do, indicating they are the one that knows best. Strange how they aren't the PM already, weren't even in the race in a lot of cases nor heads of depts or ministers.

Time for arresholes to shut up and let the incumbant get on with the job, if he succeeds he'll get the Conservatives re-elected, if he fails he will get punted and some other arrsehole will get their chance.

Amazing just how many people know exactly what Boris needs to do, indicating they are the one that knows best. Strange how they aren't the PM already, weren't even in the race in a lot of cases nor heads of depts or ministers.

Time for arresholes to shut up and let the incumbant get on with the job, if he succeeds he'll get the Conservatives re-elected, if he fails he will get punted and some other arrsehole will get their chance.
Time for Johnson to go, you mean.

Every decision Boris makes is going to be unpopular to someone. As they saying goes, 'you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time'. That's the same for every politician.
Maybe, but I cannot think of any other politician who has been so derelict in performance of his duties, avoided his responsibilities to the degree he has ( missing the first five CV COBRA meetings, hiding in a fridge, running off to Afghanistan for a single day to avoid a tricky vote, etc) and being fined for breaking the laws he made while i Office.

ETA: @shiny_arrse; you've rated this as "dumb" - given this is CA, can you explain why?

Last edited:
But many did, so I'm wondering why @longlivethequeen isn't seeking them all out.
I'll wager half his neighbours broke the law, and fibbed about it to family and friends, so I'm wondering why he isn't windmilling into them
Because none of the others who may have broken the law was PM when they broke the laws they made.

Maybe, but I cannot think of any other politician who has been so derelict in performance of his duties, avoided his responsibilities to the degree he has ( missing the first five CV COBRA meetings, hiding in a fridge, running off to Afghanistan for a single day to avoid a tricky vote, etc) and being fined for breaking the laws he made while i Office.
Not thinking very hard are you.

Starmer has form for suddenly isolating when things go a bit shitty for him, and there's questions to be answered. Currently he's on something like 9 times. He has also broken the laws he passed.

The AFG visit, as has been mentioned by others on here, was planned months in advance so its not really his fault the vote landed on the same day.

Not thinking very hard are you.
Aaaand...

Whataboutery.

I rest my case.

Starmer has form for suddenly isolating when things go a bit shitty for him, and there's questions to be answered. Currently he's on something like 9 times. He has also broken the laws he passed.

The AFG visit, as has been mentioned by others on here, was planned months in advance so its not really his fault the vote landed on the same day.
Starmer isn't running the country; there are no life and death matters requiring his presence. He is not the PM.

The buck stops at No. 10.

Can you source your statement about SKS being absent for nine times? And back up your assertation that Johnsons daytrip to Afghanistan was planned months in advance?

The reason I ask is that I doubt it was.

The FOI request submitted to the FCO refused to give such detail.

"Johnson said he would “lie down with you in front of bulldozers” to prevent it being built, as the airport is close to his Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency.

Under collective responsibility cabinet ministers must vote with the government on key issues, meaning Johnson would have had to resign as foreign secretary to oppose the project."

I had a heart attack in the March. No contact at all with my kids for a week. No signal on the wards. Wasn't Boris's fault, any of it.
Want to kick off then try the Chinese Embassy.

Poor do, BB, using HM to score points. Especially when she was grieving!
T
W
A
T
Just stating fact. She isolated the day after Johnson partied. My loyalty and support is directed to Her Majesty, not Johnson.

And you mentioned your isolation had nothing to do with Johnson.

He made the rules. It had everything to do with him.

And you're not supposed to say "twat" in CA.

As pointed out by others, the BMA is a trade union with a variable record on policy choices.

The evidence on lockdowns is inconclusive in some ways. The first may have been necessary because there wasn't a vaccine. The later ones, less so.

Sweden has had a lower excess death rate without locking down. Johnson was bounced into the Xmas lockdown by the hysteria from the media, SAGE, the BMA and Captain Hindsights New Puritans.

No one is yet sure it was the right decision. One man's vacillation is another man's trying to do the best for the country.
As pointed out, the BMA is also led by very highly qualified medical practitioners.

Interesting to read the Swedish experience may have been due to lower obesity rates.

Johnson eventually ordered a lockdown because the Grown Ups advising him finally managed to convince him it was the right thing to do.

It would seem that SAGE having the same view as Starmer ( I presume thats who you mean by Captain Hindsight?) really does quite vex you.

Frankly I'd rather trust Whitty, Valence et al than the Bloviating Buffoon.

Aaaand...

Whataboutery.
By it's very nature it's not. You specifically asked for another politician, now I'm pretty certain Starmer is indeed another politician.

Starmer isn't running the country; there are no life and death matters requiring his presence. He is not the PM.

Has Starmer not voted in the Covid regulations bills (Answer: I found about 7-8 Cv19 bills in that list, Starmer voted Aye in all but one case)? Because that was pretty life and death to many. If he voted in them, then by its nature he is determining if we had Covid run riot through the country or not, and thus life or death.

Can you source your statement about SKS being absent for nine times? And back up your assertation that Johnsons daytrip to Afghanistan was planned months in advance?

The reason I ask is that I doubt it was.

Well as there's people on here who were involved in planning it, it also makes sense that you don't just go swanning around an active war zone without a little bit of forethought.

Well challenged, I'd got it wrong, its only six times he's isolated.

You appear to be conflating this with the narrative that Johnson was personally leading a perpetual pissup in No 10.

Pretty much the case.

Given that he was fined for a receiving a birthday cake in his regular place of work, during the working day,

Rightly so. And there remains the uncomfortable matter of the second drinks party the Johnsons hosted same day.

can we assume you are equally censorious of Captain Hindsight for drinking a beer late at night with a bunch of people he didn't directly work with?

Starmer has stated he will resign if handed an FPN for that event. As has his Deputy. Johnson denies everything, wriggles liked a greased pig and blames everyone else.

Deep down, there's a common theme among most of those desperate to see Johnson hang. I wonder what it could be.....
A desire for integrity in the man holding the highest Office in the Nation?

What sort of argument is that?

He would have been somewhere else then.

If it wasn't Boris's birthday he wouldn't have been eating cake.

If there wasn't a Covid pandemic there wouldn't be any of this hoo ha.

If I wasn't writing this, you wouldn't be able to read it.

Ridiculous.
Nope.

Starmer visited a Constituency office some hundreds of miles away from his home solely because there was an election.

He would have been most likely not breaking the law elsewhere.

Unlike Johnson.

148 unhappy backbenchers isn't good, despite Boris being able to crack on.

He really needs to stop dicking about, bring his rebels around and start being a Statesman.

Not sure if he can though.
More chance of me doing a tour.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nope.

Starmer visited a Constituency office some hundreds of miles away from his home solely because there was an election.

He would have been most likely not breaking the law elsewhere.

Unlike Johnson.
You don't know what he would have been doing if he hadn't been where he was. You also don't know if he would have breeched covid rules.

Spurious argument. Stick to facts and stop presuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.