Boris under fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
She left / was kicked out because of repeated failure to pass the Brexit Bill through Parliament.

Next.
Aye. And she professed to be a Brexiteer but was in fact a Remainer in wolf's clothing. So she broke the ministerial code by being disingenuous with parliament but more importantly the people of the UK, repeatedly. :cool:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
However, Boris has scored a worse ratio than Tess May did - and she was gone shortly thereafter, despite winning the VoNC.
Under totally different circumstances and, everything to do with her efforts to (NOT) bring about Brexit.
Not forgetting her arrogance in 2017 when she called a GE and, managed to loose her majority and end up with a "hung parliament"...she went because she didn't have the imagination, the will or the backing of the country !

MSM keep bringing up this shite, because they have no answer to Boris's win.

Chris Mason has resorted to big words and hyperbole and,still manages to come across as a total prat, Ellwood seems to think 211 to 184 isn't a credible majority.

I now wait with bated breath, for the first one to preface the word 'majority' with a totally unnecessary adjective ! :rolleyes:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Her media trainer deserves a K, given that she says all that with conviction and a straight face

giphy.gif
No, she's just dense enough to believe it.

"If I was Boris I'd spend the next 12 months destroying the potential for his main contenders for the Party Leadership, one by one."

Instead of unimportant things like cost of living?
Oh, and brexit/war etc, obviously.
Mult-tasking?

D

Deleted 139028

"If I was Boris I'd spend the next 12 months destroying the potential for his main contenders for the Party Leadership, one by one."

Instead of unimportant things like cost of living?
Oh, and brexit/war etc, obviously.
Wouldn't you expect a person running the country to be able to multi task, use his closest staff and delegate?

Boris achieved Brexit, I think what you're referring to is making a success post our leaving the EU.

I wasn't aware we were at war with anyone :oops:

Wouldn't you expect a person running the country to be able to multi task, use his closest staff and delegate?

Boris achieved Brexit, I think what you're referring to is making a success post our leaving the EU.

I wasn't aware we were at war with anyone :oops:
Quite so. Johnson doesn't seem able to do one thing at once, let alone two, now./ All he's been doing is PR and saving his own skin. Like mugs, we're paying for it/,

D

Deleted 139028

Quite so. Johnson doesn't seem able to do one thing at once, let alone two, now./ All he's been doing is PR and saving his own skin. Like mugs, we're paying for it/,
Not so sure about that. It's easy to accuse Boris, or anyone for that matter, of doing nothing as we don't get to see what goes on behind closed doors when the business of the day is getting done. He has his Cabinet, government ministers, committee appointees, members of the House of Lords and government Civil Servants to follow his given direction and come up with ways to make it work (or not).

Not everything happens in No 10 or parliament.

Not so sure about that. It's easy to accuse Boris, or anyone for that matter, of doing nothing as we don't get to see what goes on behind closed doors when the business of the day is getting done. He has his Cabinet, government ministers, committee appointees, members of the House of Lords and government Civil Servants to follow his given direction and come up with ways to make it work (or not).

Not everything happens in No 10 or parliament.
Same as interpretation, if BJ says something it will be down to ministers to interpret that, that then flows down the chain so what was said in No10 or a Cabinet meeting, time it hits the lowest civil servant probably has no relevance to what was actually said. Especially with the CS trying to undermine the Government and BJ....think Sir Humphrey in Yes Minister.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How many times?!

Everything is his fault.
Even the successes like dealing with covid, support for Ukraine, getting us out of Brexit - yep, all Boris's fault!

Lord Frost, the best Tory in Parliament, says exactly what Boris needs to do in the Telegraph:

Boris Johnson must reverse all of the tax rises the Government has introduced in order to save his premiership, Lord Frost has argued.

The former Brexit minister said it is "not Conservative to be raising taxes and it is undermining growth and prosperity".

He said Mr Johnson should scrap the National Insurance hike which took effect in April and added: "I think all the tax rises that we brought in and the corporation tax ones that are due to come in soon ought to be reversed."

Lord Frost said he believed Mr Johnson won last night's confidence vote by a large enough margin to continue to govern but he warned the PM must recognise he has a "big problem" in the form of his economic policy.

He told the BBC: "When nearly 150 of your own MPs vote against you that is a sign of a big problem and I think the big problem is that we are delivering an economic policy that is not going to deliver prosperity and wealth and if we can change that, if he can change that then he can get onto a different path and save the premiership and the Government.”

Mr Johnson won last night’s ballot by 211 votes to 148. The Tory revolt against him was bigger than expected and it has raised difficult questions about Mr Johnson’s long term future in No 10.

People do realise that all that lovely furlough money, business grants, PPE stocks, hiring of venues for Nightingale wards all needs to be paid for....dropping taxes is not prudent as we need to get back on top of the deficit, we need to replenish our war stocks that we have given to Ukraine, and we need to keep the lights on .

We can't keep borrowing at the current rate or our next generation and the next 2-3 generations will be shackled with the bill.

People do realise that all that lovely furlough money, business grants, PPE stocks, hiring of venues for Nightingale wards all needs to be paid for....dropping taxes is not prudent as we need to get back on top of the deficit, we need to replenish our war stocks that we have given to Ukraine, and we need to keep the lights on .

We can't keep borrowing at the current rate or our next generation and the next 2-3 generations will be shackled with the bill.

Taxation is just one half of the equation. The other half is spending, which this government did like drunken sailors during Covid.
The U.K. doesn’t have a taxation problem, it has a spending problem.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Taxation is just one half of the equation. The other half is spending, which this government did like drunken sailors during Covid.
The U.K. doesn’t have a taxation problem, it has a spending problem.
Rock/hard place. If it hadn't spent, people would have gone without food and lost their homes. End of story.

What needs gripping is the fraud that went on. I can think of one Range Rover-driving individual who 'furloughed' his staff whilst still sending them out to work.

NSP

LE
To be fair he has tried to get a grip both on those coming here and deportations of foreign offenders but the courts and the lefty lawyers have used the courts to stop it from happening.

So hardly his fault is it...
Perhaps if they didn't draft laws with more holes than Swiss cheese and bereft of joined-up thinking...?

Perhaps if they didn't draft laws with more holes than Swiss cheese and bereft of joined-up thinking...?
Again those laws when they start out are pretty watertight, it is the constant revisions by both houses that water them down.

NSP

LE
The fragrant Raynor this morning on R4 Today said the PM 'lowers the tone to which he has . . '

Shurly not the same 'Homophobic, racist, vile, Etonian Tory Scum' Angela Raynor?

She was also pushing Blackford's line that "two-thirds of Tory MPs are against Boris" because that's what you get when you factor in those who didn't vote, or some such rubbish.

I say rubbish because the Tories currently hold 359 seats - meaning that they all voted, Angie luv.

Status
Not open for further replies.