Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris to fix NHS Pension cap of £1.1m

If it's actually true, even better! I like the NHS and the work they do, so any more funding will be useful..
It is true.

Project fear has been using the courts to try and portray illegal activity.

Remember we’ve still had no feedback on the hostile foreign powers investigation.

Project fear don’t need it to be true, the just need their useful idiots like @Graculus to keep repeating it as if it’s true. It’s a bit like the American criminal investigation into Russian involvement.

It is true.

Project fear has been using the courts to try and portray illegal activity.

Remember we’ve still had no feedback on the hostile foreign powers investigation.

Project fear don’t need it to be true, the just need their useful idiots like @Graculus to keep repeating it as if it’s true. It’s a bit like the American criminal investigation into Russian involvement.
You back to telling lies needy guy?

endure

GCM
Not sure when they moved to private practices but I suspect is was post 1989 which is when the pension changes kicked in and GPs started to retire early

They've always been private businesses. That's why the Doctors in a practice are called 'partners'. The own the business, and distribute what's left over after all expenses have been paid, between them.

I assume that things have changed but when I was installing networks into GP surgeries there were a number of ways of screwing a few extra perks out for them too.

The cost rent scheme. Practice get mortgage, buys land and builds new surgery. Leases surgery to local health authority at rent which covers mortgage and maintenance. Mortgage paid off (by local authority money) and surgery now belongs to doctors.

Post Graduate Continuing Education. Do a few courses throughout the year and get cash bonus for doing them. One Doc I know went on a PGCE course organised by one of the big pharma companies who, totally coincidentally, had a big push on to get GPs to prescribe their new drug. Course consisted of being flown out to Sun City resort in South Africa for 5 days, attending a 2 hour lecture in the morning and having the rest of the day free. All expenses paid of course.

Installing a new computer system. Pitch up to install a new system. At end of installation find one HP inkjet printer left over. This was not long after inkjets came onto the market and they were still very expensive. Ask the Doc where he wanted it installing - 'Oh put it in the back of my car, it's for the kids'. The system was paid for by the Practice who then claimed the cost back off their local health authority so his kids were getting several hundred pounds worth of printer courtesy of the taxpayer.

Why on earth are people dribbly scribbling about Brexit / "Project Fear" here?

Go away.

Regardless of the semantics of whether the gross figure on the bus can be regarded as "true" or not, it is indisputable that the nett figure saved by not contributing to the EU budget is somewhat lower at £250m/week, which is £13b/year. Boris has already made promises to the effect of spending about £26b/year extra.

Bob65

War Hero
GPs aren’t actually employers by the NHS. GP surgery’s are actually subcontracted by the NHS.

ISTR the phrase ‘pots of gold’ being used when the nhs was created in order to get GPS on board who were against the set up of the NHS.

It was Aneurin Bevan, “stuff their mouths with gold” was the phrase. Profit is a dirty word where healthcare is concerned but doctors have done very, very well out of the NHS.

Nurses, not so much.

So let’s just pull the statement apart in the press. Who are these ‘some doctors’? Well. It’s every doctor in the NHS. GPS have been exiting the NHS at a rate of knots since the pension cap was introduced in 1989 as once they hit 55 their pension stops increasing.

Anyone wondered how many doctors there are In the NHS? Well it’s estimated to be 150,000. 3,500 took early retirement between 2016-2018. The public purse had to find 3,500 x £1.1m to fund that and they have been leaving in droves at 55 years of age for years.
Utter, utter bollocks.

Latest Threads