Boris to celebrate St Georges Day!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Mar 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good on him - don't always agree with Boris 100% but can't fault him this time.

You can't miss St Paddy's day for all the attention it gets but St George's day barely gets a mention.

2. sounds like a great idea to me, good on him.

3. Great idea but watch for our Islamic mates' to kick off about it, and then let's just observe who gets banged up!!!
    That kills me to even type that but it's the sad truth of the spineless nation we live in, unless there is a massive shake up unfortunately we have been reamed too hard for far too long and a poorly organised singular flag waving event although commended to the highest, is not going to reverse years of illusion by minorities who are very fast becoming much more than that. As has been mentioned in another thread, although it more being pointed at the economic problems, things are pretty tense in the country at the moment, I can see this being a potential flashpoint however much I agree with having pride in one's country.

4. Good man!

5. Good day to start the "summer of discontent" and party to kick off with :)

6. Good drills, Boris! :D

I'm a Jock and proud of it - yes, even after the Calcutta Cup match :oops: - but I see nothing wrong with all nations that make up the UK celebrating their own culture, including their national Saint.

IMHO, each Saint's day should be a national holiday, though that's not going to happen during the current financial cluster-fcuk. :(

7. Well done Boris lets hope other councils follow his lead, about fecking time. Its long overdue.

8. Good on Boris! I hope the "folk" side of things includes this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5h4PFBuzvw

Some of the lyrics strike a chord with me;

AND

9. Great, we have a trip planned to visit London in fancy dress knights kit etc. on the 23rd.....

10. Happy St Georges Day

I cant understand why you lads

havent been going on the lash

for years celebrating this auspicious day.

11. I quite like the "Show of Hands" songs.

Time to break out the St. Georges flags and the English customs.... morris dancers, cheese rollers, well dressers, chimney sweeps and tar carriers.

..... and of course conquering other nations sow e can feel guilty about it for years after!!!

12. Outstanding about time to

13. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Bloody Right as well, Nice to Have some national Pride. I,m sure MR Broon will also take credit for this decison.

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

A good day for those of the persuasion to show the world that they are English and proud of it.

I look forward to seas of Union Flag boxer shorts and bikinis, Engerlund football shirts. tattoos covering all the upper torso (and that is just the wimmin :oops: ) and riot police at all junctions.

It will just be like being in Spain or Greece on holiday :p

Enjoy your day fellas.

What about the folk from the Peoples' Republic of Yorkrshire, will they be joining in?